Chapter 3. Meeting at the ball

"Sister it's beautiful. I look perfect!" Appreciated happily Brianna, looking intently at her reflection in the mirror.

The white dress with the black bow at the waist accentuated her curves, and it still seemed beautiful even though the hem of the dress was pinned in several places, as it was too long for her, and there wasn't enough time for it to be modified.

Luckily, she had carefully asked around about the heir's preferences and found out that although he played around with a lot of women, he confided in his closest friends that he wished an innocent and honest girl for a Luna.

The dress she had asked her sister to make had a low cut at the breasts and a high slit at a side, so it was not exactly a dress a pure girl would wear. She got scared realizing this, and immediately came to her sister to ask her to modify the dress.

But, just as she briskly opened the door to her sister's room, her eyes fell on the dress her sister had prepared for herself. Falling in love with the design and color, she immediately demanded it from Celia.

It was a close call, she thought. She was about to make a fool out of herself, and Celia could have gained the attention of Rayan instead of her. Celia's dress was exactly a dress for an innocent and pure girl.

She finally relaxed when her look was put together. The make-up and the hairdo fitted perfect with the dress. Her sister was a magician she mused, even if she would never recognize it in front of another person.

Well nothing else mattered anyway. She already avoided the trouble, Brianna thought happily, as she twirled around, appreciating herself.

Celia kept looking at her sighing. Her little sister had always been quite willful, she never listened to her advices about the dress, but she was too cute, so she could not refuse her when she wanted to swap the dresses. As long as Brianna was happy then, in the end, it was alright. And anyway she really didn't wish to stand out at the ball, so it might be for the best to just choose a random casual one.

Her mother soon knocked on the door, just in time to see her younger daughter at her best.

"Ahhh... you are too beautiful! Everything looks good on you. They say that clothes make a man stand out, but I think you are the one that makes the clothes shine. Tonight you are a true Luna." Diane exclaimed happily, not at all bothered with the fact that, in a way, her compliment was degrading her oldest daughter's effort.

She kept on smiling admiring her youngest daughter. Diane was a beta female, but she still had to cater to her Luna. Unfortunately, that had been the situation until now, but tonight it would all end.

When her daughter would become the mate of the future Alpha, the old Alpha would have to step down and leave the pack house to ensure a smooth transfer of the rights and leadership power to the new Alpha.

If the old Alpha and the new one still lived together, the pack members would be confused if there was a conflict between the two, not knowing to whose orders they should listen to.

The new Alpha should have complete submission from his pack members. So to avoid such situations, the old alpha would normally leave for the royal palace to assume the position of a royal guard, they would at most stick around for a year longer. Then they would only return once in a while, but would no longer participate in the pack's matters.

As such, with the old couple leaving and her daughter becoming the new ruler, all would finally fall in its rightful place. The respect she would receive from being the mother of the Luna and the grandmother of the future alpha, could not compare to being the Beta female.

After all, even the Beta was in submission to his Alpha. The only equal to an alpha was his mate. Unfortunately, Diane was failing to notice that only the Luna would be an equal to her alpha, not the Luna's family as well.