Chapter 34. Blood transfusion

Celia was affected as she was never before. His words made her heart tremble and his warm touch sent shivers through her entire being. She was shaken to the core.

He still had his forehead touching hers, but he did not say more for fear of being rejected.

"Your highness, I cannot..." She tried to say. She was still trying to resist his advances. She was scared to love someone else, she had loved before even though not in the same way, and it had only left her bitterly disappointed. Her family had left her scarred. He was different from her family, that she knew, but mentally, in her subconscious, she was reticent of trying.

"Knock! Knock!"

Someone interrupted and so Celia did not finish what she was about to say.

In a way it was fortunate for Salas, at least that what his raging heart told him. Perhaps he had pushed her too much and he would only be rejected, she was about to say she could not...

"Please just think about it. I do not need an answer now. I will wait longer, so please consider it properly!" Salas pleaded, then finally removed his forehead and walked to an appropriate distance away.

"Come in!" He said louder.

"Your highness, there are problems! There are rogues attacking our borders!" His beta Micah informed.

He could tell that his highness had left the ballroom with Celia, and he knew from their smell that both of them were inside his office, but it had been decades since the last time rogues attacked. To have such courage, something was amiss. So he was forced to inform him, he could not make decisions on his own.

"Rogues?" Salas asked frowning, things were getting out of hand. The previous investigations had not produced any leads so far. First hunters and now rogues were attacking.

There was certainly a connection between the two.

"I understand." He replied to Micah, and then looked towards Celia. The latter was agitated because of their conversation, but she was now also thinking of the rogues.

"I will go now. We will discuss more tomorrow. Even if you wish to go back to the Academy, with rogues attacking, I cannot let you leave. It is not safe. Please at least obey me on this!" Salas said gently.

Celia nodded, he had said to obey him, but she could tell it was a request not an order. So of course she would not be stubborn about it.

"Let's go!" Salas ordered Micah, after glancing one more time at Celia.

Four hours later

"Are you sure of this doctor?" Gabriel asked agitated, trying to keep his wolf from getting out of control.

"Yes, I am certain!" Quickly replied the young doctor, who was also trying to keep calm.

After treating Celia last time, his aptitude and knowledge impressed Salas, so he was now a chief doctor and thus the one in charge of the current patient.

"The concentration and the chemical analysis we did, confirmed it without doubt. It is the same wolfsbane!" The doctor continued explaining.

Gabriel was baffled, how would rogues possess weapons that hunters owned? And not only that, the wolfsbane in them was the same one that the hunters used on Celia, it had the same toxicity.

He slowly massaged his temples and sighed. Anyway it was not the most pressing matter, the current issue was vital. Anything else, they could figure out afterwards.