CHAPTER THREE.

→ CHAPTER THREE

Emilia didn't expect to find herself in the convent's kitchen making breakfast for the child who didn't want to be separated from her. "Are you my mother?" Edward's question made Emilia stop in her tracks as she turned around. "I'm not, why do you ask?" Emilia whispered as Edwards's eyebrows furrowed his long thick eyelashes fluttered down.

"M-My friend told me Mommies always take care of you and make your food and gives you hugs," Edward said staring up at Emilia who slid a plate of food to him. Emilia watched as he swallowed the food hungrily as if he hadn't for months.

Edwards's body figure was so frail and thin you could just touch him lightly and he'll fall down something that children shouldn't look like at this age. "Your friend is right, but when you were born you had a mother" Emilia paused staring at Edward now it seemed bad telling a child who doesn't have parents, that they didn't want him.

"I don't care what you say, you're my mother!" Edward argued back as Emilia ruffled his hair "Are you sure he's not your son?" Beatrice marched into the kitchen with a smile, "No" Emilia said rolling her eyes.

"Oh, this came in the mail for you" Beatrice pulled out an envelope making Emilia snatch it hastily tearing open the letter.

Dear; Emilia                                     

MY DARLING, DO NOT FRET BECAUSE BY THE TIME YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER I'LL BE LONG GONE. I KNOW YOU EMILIA, YOU'LL PROBABLY GO LOOKING FOR ME BUT DO NOT I HAVE MADE CONTACT WITH VERY BAD PEOPLE THAT WILL NOT HESITATE TO SNAP YOUR NECK.

YOU ARE MY ONLY DAUGHTER, AND CHILD SO PLEASE DO NOT LOOK FOR ME.

Rosaline

Emilia gasped reading the letter, of course, her mother wouldn't want her to find her but reading the letter over and over a clue had been spotted. Emilia's mother would never put her real name on a letter usually her pen name.

Emilia's mother's name is Rosaline, if spelled backward it spells Enileso one of Rosaline's friends could Enileso be apart of the reason that Rosaline went missing. "Something wrong?" Beatrice giggled at Emilia's expression.

"No." That word came out too quickly which obviously meant something is wrong. "Ms. Finnwood?" Sister Monica stood in the kitchen smiling ear to ear as her gaze swept the entire table stopping at Edward.

"You didn't tell me that someone else was staying here?" Sister Monica chimed taking her seat beside Edward who shivered along with Beatrice who was once cheery and full of life. "Oh, yes he's__"  "She's my mother!" Edward blurted out jumping from his seat into Emilia's arms.

Before Emilia could speak Beatrice got up and disappeared not looking back leaving Sister Monica, Edward, and Emilia alone. 

"Well I and Edward are going out" Emilia quickly said helping Edward wear the new coat she bought for him and dashing out of the convent. Something weird is happening around here in this convent, something very bad and I'm going to find out.

+

Outside of the broken-down house, Emilia and Edward stood on the doorstep knocked on the wooden door that held scratch marks on it. "Edward stays close to me" Emilia whispered to Edward who pouted. "Okay Mummy" Emilia has to get Edward to stop calling her that in public.