CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

→ CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Emilia had lost all hope the moment Beatrice was thrown unconscious into the same cell Emilia sat in, the only entertainment she had was talking to her mother and catching up on everything that has happened since her mother went missing.

"You've talked many good things about this Michael boy do you like him?" Rosaline grinned wiggling her eyebrows staring at her daughter's flush face, however, it only ruined Emilia's mood as she thought of the boy who made her laugh and feel flustered the one who broke her walls down she didn't get to even say goodbye to him or Edward.

"Yes, I do" Emilia beamed thinking of his smirk and the way he would puff smoke in her face just to watch her cringe. "If we do get out of here, I want to meet him" Rosaline replied, "Mother what...what was my father like?"  Emilia hesitated thinking her father was a sensitive question to her mother.

"He was a cool man and man that was stoic and hid all of his feelings away until I melted them with my persona, Emilia if you do escape you need to find your brother who lives in Paris" Rosaline sputtered as Emilia stood up in her cell.

"I have a brother?" Emilia tried to talk low but it ended up like a whisper. "His name is Joey" Rosaline smiled at her daughter again as the man came and took her mother out of her cell again. Emilia sat back down on the cold ground beside Beatrice who was still knocked out.

Emilia looked at the crack in the wall that let a ray of light come through, it was at that moment all alone did Emilia knew she fell in love and she fell hard for a certain Michael Gray.

+

The peaky blinders were not people to be afraid but they had to flee when Beatrice screamed because in the unknown tunnel at least a hundred men jogged past where Beatrice had gone to. And so they left to regroup and come back for the two ladies, however, Michael was not having it he didn't want to leave Emilia alone in this shit hole for another minute.

"Michael would you calm down?" Polly tried to comfort her son who was shaking in anger, "How do you expect me to calm down when she's still there!" Michael yelled as Polly gripped him by the ear dragging him into the living room. "Would you shut up, Edward's sleeping" Polly scolded but she stopped due to the pitter-patter of feet as Edward came downstairs rubbing his eyes.

"Papa!" Edward yelled running over to Michael excitedly all the sleep on his face dissipating as he raced to hug Michael. Edward had been staying over by the Shelby home for quite some time now due to Michael not wanting the kid he's grown to love to see him an emotional mess, he's also gotten used to hearing Edward call him Papa somehow it warmed Michael's heart to hear someone call him dad.

"Have you found me Mum?" Edward asked, he's been damaged so much in this world that he knows the dangerous things that happen each day. "What do you mean?" Michael asked knowing exactly what Edward's talking about.

"I know my Mum went missing" Edward explained making himself comfortable on the seat beside Michael with his stuffed giraffe yawning. Michael sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Yes we have but we can't save her now" Michael murmured.

Edward drifted his thick eyelashes fluttering each time he closed his eyes until he did, Michael Gray had to admit one thing he would have never admitted in his entire life, Michael Gray has fallen in love ever since he joined the peaky blinders he changed quite dramatically smoking and sleeping with women.