CHAPTER SIX.

→ CHAPTER SIX

"Mum Look!" Edward pointed at the window of the store revealing toys and books in the front, Emilia decided that'll she'll take time off from work and Beatrice and spend quality time with Edward who seemed more excited than ever.

Just as Emilia and Edward exited the store with a small giraffe plush a woman  rushed in front of them gasping her long blonde hair that was in a neatly tied bun fell down her shoulders "Jesus! is that you Edward?" The woman then got onto her knees breathing heavily as she held his face in her petite hands that held gloves.

"Thank you so much for finding, my son" The woman stood up smiling but Emilia could tell that it was fake. "He ran away weeks ago" The woman added tugging Edward's hands to come with her, but Emilia could see it in Edward's eyes pure fear.

His lip quivered and his eyes watered as he muttered, "Mum" to Emilia before he was dragged away but not without getting a glance Emilia gasped lowly catching sight of a gun hidden in a holster on the woman's side covered by the top part of her dress.

Emilia let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in, as it felt as if the wind got knocked out of her lungs as they burned. Her eyes watered slightly as she watched the two disappear off into the unknown.

Emilia lost something, Something that always had her smiling from laughter or curiosity, her little light in the darkness she lived alone. Emilia couldn't bear the feeling of her heart being pressed down by something heavy so she moved to a bar.

Lazily she drank and drank all of her sadness away before her brain started turning gears in her head like a machine. The woman's smile was fake and Edward had pure fear for the woman who was in front of him, she also had a gun on her.

Could she be the one who abused Edward? Emilia did find him on the side of the street battered and bruised also malnourished. "That's awful a lot of whiskeys your drinking" Emilia's half-lidded eyes turned as she faced Michael "Are you following me?" Emilia asked drunkenly.

"What's wrong" Michael lit a cigarette offering one to Emilia who refused, "I lost someone today" sighing Emilia hurriedly swallowed the rest of her whiskey before ordering another cup. "Don't mean to intrude but who'd ya lost?" Michael let out the smoke as Emilia's eyes fluttered close as she pouted.

"Someone who grew to be my son." Emilia then sipped the whiskey-making Michael raise an eyebrow, "You mean that Edward boy" Emilia nodded "He's dead__?" Emilia laughed "No you idiot" Michael open his mouth to speak as he stopped Emilia from drinking any more.

"His mother came for him, but I don't think she's his mother because he had pure fear in his eyes when he saw her also I saw a gun on her, and I found Edward across the street littered in cuts and bruises malnourished the very first time, could she be abusing him?" Emilia spat out

"Oh god I'm rambling aren't I?" Emilia leaned her head forward hitting the wooden table causing it to echo. "No you aren't I believe you" Michael chimed a hidden emotion storming around in his blue eyes.

"You know the peaky blinders?" Emilia suddenly slurred Michael's eyes widen as he put out the cigarette. "I do" Michael spoke lowly, "I'm going to find them for help_"  "No Emilia" Michael snapped he didn't want her to be tangled in the web of lies and the deadly truth.