CHAPTER SEVEN.

→ CHAPTER SEVEN

"Arthur, John, Finn, Ada, and Michael" Tommy introduced as Emilia noted down everyone's names staring them down head to toe to remember their appearance however her eyes stopped on Michael who smoked a cigarette gazing outside the window avoiding eye contact.

"It's nice to meet ya lass" Arthur smiled and lit one himself, "You too Arthur" Emilia smiled this time Michael gained the confidence to look her in the eyes, "Fancy seeing you here Michael" Emilia tooted as all eyes were on Michael.

"You two know each other?" Tommy asked as Michael and Emilia both nodded at the same time, "Then you'll have no problem going out on a mission" Tommy bluntly said "You'll be asking around town and getting information on the woman named Victoria Goodmen" Emilia nodded as Michael finished up his blunt.

Michael and Emilia both left out the door bumping into each other, "So you're a peaky blinder" Emilia tried to break the awkward tension that surrounded them completely. "Yeah, Darlin" Emilia's cheeks tinted red as she pretended not to be bothered, "Doesn't this seem like fate?" Michael suddenly muttered making Emilia perk up.

"We've met more than once and seem to always be tied together." Emilia chuckled, "I don't believe in fate, I make my fate" Emilia glanced around as a short pause came between them. "Why are we at a pub?" 

"The best gossip is always at a pub Darlin'" Emilia's face scrunched up as she took Michael's outstretched arm. "Stop calling me that" "What, you want me to call you princess?" Emilia's face shot red as she slapped Michael's chest playfully.

The club lights flashed as the jazz music could be heard from the outside the building couples can be seen dancing together. Just as the two entered the club they both split up going in different directions to gain information.

Emilia took a seat beside a man making herself comfortable as she glanced at him, "You know anything about Victoria Goodmen?" The man drunkenly gazed at Emilia before chugging the rest of his gin, "Why what do you want to know?" the man slurred his head hitting against the wooden table.

"I just want to know about her" Emilia murmured playing with the bracelet on her wrist, "If you give me that I'll tell you everything you want to know" Emilia perked up leaning closer as she hurriedly slid her bracelet over to the man waiting expectantly.

"She's a funny girl, she never comes out here in Birmingham often" Emilia sat up straight, "Does she have a son?" The man suddenly laughs scratching the small beard on his chin "No she doesn't she is too much of a whore to care about a child" the man yawned before falling asleep on the table.

"You got anything?" Emilia turned around seeing Michael in front of her, "She doesn't have a son and she doesn't come out in town much" Does this mean that women kidnapped Edward right in front of her?

Abruptly Michael stiffed up as he spun around facing Emilia, "Don't move" Michael whispered to Emilia who looked confused "What do you mean__?"  "Follow me" Michael then grabbed Emilia by the arm dragging her out onto the dance floor.

The jazz music suddenly stoped as music played 'Play the music on top' Emilia didn't know Michael could dance because he had her on her toes twirling her around like a feather as she held one of his hands while the other on her waist.