CHAPTER NINE.

→ CHAPTER NINE

Emilia felt numb as if she had died and her soul left her body, even though it was weeks after she killed the man the scene still played in her head like a broken mantra. She made sure to scrub her body clean the tingling sensation on her body made her feel disgusted.

"Mum?" Emilia put on a big smile which was fake but good enough to convince Edward everything's fine. "Are you alright" Edward advanced closer to Emilia hugging her stiff cold body on the bathroom floor.

"I'm fine" Emilia murmured as Edward shook his head back in forth, "You're not okay!" Edward buried his head into Emilia's neck tears trickling down his face and onto Emilia. "Did I do something wrong?" Edward hiccup his body twitching slightly.

"No, you didn't" Emilia lifted Edward into her hold and walked him into the bedroom steady placing his frail body onto the bed carefully. "I'm just sick, don't worry I'll get better" Emilia assured Edward who looked at Emilia with a smile his mood lifting faster than a swing.

"How about I read you a book?" at the sound of this Edward wasted no time and hurriedly grabbed a book bouncing back into the bed lying down with a big smile that showed his white pearly teeth.

Tiredly before Emilia ended the story Edward glanced at Emilia tiredly, "I love you mummy" Emilia grinned placing a small kiss on his forehead, "I love you too my strong little man"

After short ten minutes, Edward was fast asleep snoring lowly, Just as Emilia turned on her heels to leave she came face to face with Beatrice who looked wearily as a small child came out behind her.

He looked just like the same boy who played with Edward the night Emilia killed the man... "I'm sorry!" Beatrice sobbed her legs wobbled as she nearly fell however Emilia's quick reflex caught her. "There is something I need to tell you" Beatrice's voice wavered as she sat down on the mattress.

"Now you're ready to tell me the truth?" Emilia followed behind taking a seat on the squeaky bed. "That day you found me, I didn't fall in a rosebush" Beatrice confessed her voice sounded as if she was wheezing.

"I was raped, by my son's father but he recently died" Beatrice's voice had now dropped so low it was barely a whisper. Emilia gasped her chocolate irises widened like saucers as she reached out to hold Beatrice's hand.

"Sister Monica runs a very dangerous business that hurt people that why some of the midwives went missing, she sold them to one of her allies" Beatrice spoke more confidently. "You need to leave I don't want you to end up like them"

Emilia shook her head "I'm not going to leave you, you're my only friend " Emilia smiled at Beatrice who also smiled. "If you're going to stay here you must not cause attention to be drawn to you" Emilia nodded. "This is my son Bruno" Beatrice introduced as the bald child from weeks ago carefully walked up to the two.

"Are you Edward's mummy?" Bruno suddenly asked out, Emilia smiled and nodded before a realization hit her. Beatrice said that Bruno's father died recently and Bruno was also there when Emilia rescued Edward could that mean that Emilia shot Bruno's father!?.

"Beatrice I have something to tell you" It was now Emilia's turn to become weary and upset the familiar pressure when Edward got taken away pressed her heart down as her voice came out as a whisper. "I think I killed Bruno's father" Beatrice's eyes widen as she cupped Emilia's face as she sobbed.