CHAPTER TEN.

→ CHAPTER TEN

The world just seemed to hate Emilia, she did everything correctly in avoiding Michael but here he was in front of her hair slicked back with a cigarette between his lips. "Emilia?" Michael whispered his eyes glued on the petite figure in his arms.

"It's good to see you again" Emilia stuttered out her eyes staring at the concrete ground, Emilia then tried to push past Michael only to be pulled by her wrist back into his muscular arms. Emilia gazed into his eyes before she snapped out seeing Sister Monica standing not too far away from the two.

"I have to go" Emilia smiled at Michael one last time before disappearing off into the convent, "Oh Ms. Finnwood" a shiver ran down Emilia's spine as Sister Monica's sinister voice echoed the empty convent.

"It's been a while since I've last seen you" Sister Monica confessed pulling out a chair in front of her, "Sit" Sister Monica's face was no deranged of emotion and stoic her voice colder than a bucket of ice water.

Emilia did as told and tried not to show any weakness or emotion in front of the woman who grinned pouring a cup of tea. Emilia stared at the cup in a daze as Sister Monica coughed, "Don't you want some?" Emilia remembered Beatrice's words that she should act normal around Sister Monica.

And so Emilia drank the tea slowly, the two stayed quiet for five minutes until Emilia abruptly stood up, "What the hell did you do to me?" Emilia slurred clutching the wall for support her body feeling heavier and heavier by every second that passed.

"Don't you worry your little head, you'll be perfect for them" these words floated around in Emilia's head as black spots decorated her vision greatly the last thing she saw was Sister Monica's creepy smile.

+

Beatrice grabbed Edward's hand and ran out of the secret back entrance of the convent hurriedly, to Beatrice's horror Emilia was taken the two ran out into the streets of Small heath trying to blend into the crowd.

"I know someone who can help" Edward panted tugging Beatrice's frail body along Beatrice nodded letting the small boy guide her after walking down watery lane Beatrice gasped, "Edward we can't be here" Beatrice explained as Edward shook his head.

"Michael will save me Mum" and with that Edward ran up to the garrison's door-knocking as hard as he can. The door opened and unveiled Michael, "Michael it's me Mum" Edward said worriedly gaining the man's attention.

"She was taken by Sister Monica" Beatrice added as Michael let the two inside of the garrison revealing the rest of the peaky blinders who sat around a table with bottles of whiskeys around them. "What do you mean?" Arthur questioned as Beatrice fiddled with her fingers.

"Sister Monica works along with men who are very powerful they abduct women from midwives who are young so they can use them to their bidding, Sister Monica also is the reason for Emilia's missing mother" Beatrice explained seriously to the peaky blinders.

"You're saying that these men are the reason for my closest friend's abduction?" Polly asked already seething in anger. "Yes, and we need to find Emilia before she gets sold off to an old wrinkly man" Beatrice let her eyes stray to Michael who was shaking in fury his cigarette disintegrating into ashes as he grunted.

"Where do you think they'll be?" John murmured stroking his chin as Beatrice replaced the worried look with confidence. "I think I know a place"

 "I think I know a place"

author notes: Sister Monica you better be ready because Michael coming with pitchforks and guns, can't believe this book is soon winding down to an end