CHAPTER TWELVE.

→ CHAPTER TWELVE

"Let me go!" Emilia struggled under the grasp of the same man who took her mother yesterday, "Would you stop fighting" The man grunted dragging Emilia's body like a ragdoll towards a room.

Emilia stopped fighting as she was thrown on the ground in the cold room, "It's about time you finally showed dear" Emilia cringed at Sister Monica's sickly sweet tone getting up from the freezing ground. "This is the girl I told you about" Sister Monica nudged the man who stood on the side of the room the darkness completely covering his face.

"She's quite a beauty" the man muttered holding Emilia's chin as she slapped his hand away angrily, "And feisty" he chuckled. "Miss Finnwood this is no way to treat your future husband" Sister Monica scolded making her choke.

"My what?" Emilia now stood up her body shaking, if you thought she was angry then you were a hundred percent wrong. "Oh, dearie this man is going to pay me twenty million dollars for you" Sister Monica chimed making Emilia's stomach fall to her feet.

"I'm not going to marry him" Emilia stated her voice overflowing with venom. "This is not a choice now come along" Sister Monica whispered trying to grab Emilia's wrist.

"I told you I'm not fucking marrying him" a loud smack echoed the empty room as Emilia stumbled back clutching her red cheek her body trembling, "Monica, you shouldn't touch what's mine" the man murmured boringly as Sister Monica dragged her away.

+

All of the peaky blinders stood outside a broken-down construction site Beatrice in tow, "Are you sure this the place lass?" Arthur asked his hands in his pockets as Beatrice moved to the front of the gang. "Yes, they have a secret passageway" Beatrice numbly explained as she led them to the very back of the construction site.

"Where is this passageway?" Beatrice moaned from all of the questions as she bent down blowing the dust and dirt away from the door in the ground. "Let's go we have to be swift before anybody sees us" Beatrice waved her hand climbing down the latter.

The tunnel was deathly silent and pitched dark not a light in sight.  Beatrice hopped down the last step grabbing a torch and returning to lead the group. "You seem to know this place like the back of ya hand now don't you?" Arthur asked cautiously as Beatrice let out a sigh as they continued to walk deeper and deeper into the lion's den.

"I was taken here raped and abused, Emilia helped make me want to stand up" Beatrice explained her heart heavy for her friend that could be hurting right now or crying her life out. "Stop!" Beatrice whisper-yelled as she spotted a burly figure walk past the group.

"I'll go and find where they are keeping Emilia if I don't return you must leave this place at once and come again with stronger forces" Beatrice sang out seriously she took a deep breath in and swiftly departed from the group and wandered around the dungeon.

The pungent scent of blood wafted the air as Beatrice spotted two men throwing a woman covered in dirt and filth into a cell "Leave her alone!" Beatrice flinched hearing Emilia's pleas and cries as one of them grunted grabbing something to hit against the cell to shut her up.

"Beatrice is that you?" Beatrice spun around and a scream tore from her throat as she passed out.

authors note: This book is actually winding down that why there are short chapters