CHAPTER FOUR.

→ CHAPTER FOUR

"Mum who was that man?" Edward asked curiously as Emilia stopped going through her work schedule. "No one, someone you should never hang around," Emilia muttered as Beatrice rushed past the door of Emilia's office in a hurry.

Edward looked over to Emilia and shrugged as Emilia got up and ran after Beatrice whose clothes were ruffled and torn in certain places. "Beatrice!" Emilia pushed the door open seeing the woman lying on her bed her back facing Emilia.

"Are you okay?" Emilia asked cautiously hearing Beatrice hiccup, "Yes I'm fine" Beatrice's voice wavered almost cracking like glass. "You don't look okay, I'm going to call Sister Monica__" "No!" Beatrice yelled cutting off Emilia as Edward coward behind Emilia holding onto Emilia for dear life.

"Tell me what's wrong?" Emilia asked sitting on the edge of Beatrice's bed making a squeaking sound that echoed the walls of the room. "M-My distant cousin is dead" Beatrice stuttered Emilia wasn't no fool or easily played, what does her cousin being dead have to do with why her clothes are torn, and the blood coming from her lower region.

"Then why are your clothes torn?" Emilia frowned folding her arms waiting for Beatrice to tell her the truth. "I tripped and landed in a rose bush tearing my clothes when I was on my way," Beatrice said trying to sound believable, however, Emilia was no fool and knew exactly what happened to Beatrice.

"Okay," Emilia grumbled leaving the room with Edward it was clear Beatrice doesn't trust her enough to tell her who raped her.

+

He wouldn't admit it, but Michael was anxious he had smoked at least four cigarettes as he waited for the dimpled girl to arrive that is if she ever did. Michael stood on his heels leaning against a wall leaning backwards and forwards as he watched many couples walk around.

Anxiety began creeping into Michael as he finished the last cigarette he bought, looking back one last time Michael began walking sadly until he saw long brown hair that was curled to perfection and dimples that popped out of nowhere.

Michael's heart pounded in his chest, something he hasn't felt in a long time. "You came?" Michael whispered releasing the breath he didn't know he was holding in. "I wasn't going to come, but I needed a distraction" Emilia murmured rubbing her lips together careful not to smear her red lipstick.

"Oh, so now I'm a distraction" Michael grinned as Emilia rolled her eyes shoving his shoulder gently, "Are we going to go inside or stay out here all night" Michael snorted following the slim lady inside of the warm cafe.

"So why did you come?" Michael asked suspiciously as Emilia hummed "As I said before, I needed a distraction from all of that work that kept piling up" Emilia lied the only reason she came here was to anger Beatrice.

"How do you know my name?" Michael asked staring the woman up the last time he saw her was when he spotted her and the boy coming out of a bakery. Emilia debated a long time before speaking to Michael, "My friend told me your name yesterday" Emilia honestly said as Michael dug into his pockets feeling for any more cigarettes curiously.

"What did she say?" Michael curiously asked as Emilia stared at him, "Is this an interrogation?" the two of them laughed. "She said that you're some dangerous bloke..." Emilia trailed off looking outside the window staring at the children who passed by, all reminding her about Edward who seemed to almost fight her as she tried to leave the convent this evening.