going home

"You're wandering around like a crazy man, why?" Damon asks Kai.

"I'm looking for the exact right spot. We need to find where the power of the eclipse is focused." Kai tell us, while he keeps walking around.

"You know, you could have just told us the Ascendant to begin with." Bonnie says to him.

"Yeah, but I wanted to feel your hand on my chest." Kai says, and I scoff letting my jealousy get the best of me.

"Somethings not right about him." I hear Bonnie whisper to Damon from behind me.

"You're just not used to guys hitting on you." Damon replies in a whisper. I chuckle under my breath at this.

I tune them out in till I hear Bonnie talking about Oregon. "Oregon."

"What?" Damon asks.

"I've read this paper like a thousand times. There something in here about Oregon." 

"What about it?" Damon asks again.

"You know how Kai said he had all those brothers and sisters?" Bonnie asks.

I walk faster so that I'm in step with Kai. "Bonnies putting two and two together. She knows you killed your siblings." I tell him. To which he nods.

"Who names a kid Malachai? It's like they expected me to be evil." Kai says.

"All these kids were murdered." Bonnie says.

"Hello? not all of them died. I had a softer spot for one of my sister's. Otherwise I would've cut her lungs out, not just her spleen." Kai informs them.

"What?" Bonnie asks.

"You can survive without a spleen." Kai insists.

"Something tells me you're not speaking hypothetically." Damon says. Than he looks at me. "Cassie, get away from him."

"No thanks. I'm good." I say, slipping my hand in kais hand.

Kai looks at the paper and with his free hand points to the pictures of the kids. " Look, these two, I, uh, hung off the stairwell railing. Than I put a hunting knife in her abdomen. And him, I drowned in the pool. But he kept fighting me. And I was, like... 'I saved you for last you ungrateful little...'" than he paused. "Anyway. That was that." Than we walked off.

"You just killed your whole family?" Bonnie questions.

"Coven, actually." I correct her. Than looking at there confused faces I explain. "Oh you know, a family of witches. Well at least that's what you amaricans call it."

"You're making her jump through hops and you're a witch?" Damon asks.

"Sort of, yeah. No powers, obviously." Kai tells them. "Oh, and of course The Gemini coven did not take it well when they heard what I did in Portland. That's why they banished me here."

"This place is a prison. They created it for you." Bonnie says, finally figuring it out.

"Yep. This isn't your hell, Damon. It mine." Kai says before walking away, still holding my hand.

~°•°•°~

"Ouch. Poor nephew uncle Zach." Kai says after Damon finishes telling his story.

"Stefan compelled uncle Zach to forget about the girlfriend and the baby. But he couldn't cover up all those murders. The founders council was restarted and Stefan took off. He left mystic falls for about 15 years. We both did. And when I saw uncle Zach again, I couldn't look at him without remembering that I had ruined everything. So it was a nice relief when I got to kill him." Damon tells us. He kinda sounded sad. "Ok, can we go back now?"