5- THE END OF THE WORLD

Five and Hannah now sat on the sofa at Vanya's apartment

Five and Hannah now sat on the sofa at Vanya's apartment. Hannah was confused, Five had told her he had something important to tell her. 

Footsteps approached closer and closer to the front door, and the lock clicked. The door opened to reveal Vanya, which hadn't noticed the two teens sitting on the couch. As Vanya reached for the light switch, Five beat her to it, by switching on the lamp next to him. 

"Jesus!" 

Hannah rolled her eyes and turned to Five. "You just had to scare her, didn't you?"

"You should have locks on your window." Five told her, ignoring Hannah.

"I live on the second floor." Vanya sighed, closing the door behind her.

"Rapists can climb."

"You are so weird.." Vanya muttered under her breath.

Hannah kicked Fives foot, making him wince slightly. "Relax," Hannah told Vanya. "We didn't climb. Five jumped us in."

Five shifted nervously in his seat as Vanya sat down. 

She paused for a moment, before a concerned expression took over her features. "Is that blood?" 

Hannah furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Sh!t, Five!" She groaned, upset he didn't tell her about it.

"Its nothing," He said, with his usual, straight face when they were around others.

"Why are you here?"

"Yeah, why are we here?"

Five sighed, moving his gaze from the floor to Vanya and Hannah. "I've decided your the only ones I can trust." 

"Why me?" Vanya questioned. She already knew why he was telling Hannah, they told each other everything.

"Because you're ordinary." He deadpanned. He could feel Hannah's heated glare, so he quickly corrected himself. "Because you'll listen."

Vanya whispered an 'okay' before getting up to go to the bathroom to get supplies for Five's arm. 

"Hey," Hannah whispered, making Five turn his head to her. She gestured to his arm. "When did that happen?"

"What do you mean?"

She scoffed. "Don't play dumb. When you made me get in the car, that wasn't there. Now it is..."

He looked down at the floor. "They were tracking me." He said, simply.

"They?! Who's they?"

Before Five could answer, Vanya entered the room again with supplies. Five rolled his sleeve up once she sat back down. He had bandaged his arm, but the cloth was now filled with blood. Hannah's eyes widened.

There was a moment of silence before Five broke it. "When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future, do you know what I found?"

"No,"

Awkward tension filled the air. "I don't know," Hannah chuckled, trying to brighten the mood. "Flying cars?"

"Nothing."

The smile on Hannahs's face quickly faded. Nothing? What could he mean by 'Nothing'?

"Absolutely nothing. As far as I could tell, I was the last person left alive. I never figured out what killed the human race, but.. I did find something else. The date it happens." He told them, as they sat frozen, trying to wrap their head around what he just told them. He avoided looking at Hannah, seeing in the corner of his eye, she didn't have her usual, happy, smug look. "The world ends in eight  days, and I have no idea how to stop it."

"...I'll put on a pot of coffee."

AN: Hey guys! I know this is such a short chapter :) I know it's been a couple of days, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!