16- TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING

"So.. you were a hit man?"

"Yes."

Luther looked puzzled. "Uh.. I mean, you had a code.. right?" Luther sat down. "You didn't kill just anybody."

Five narrowed his eyes. "No code." In the corner of his eye, he could see Hannah slowly turn her head towards him. He felt his palms begin to sweat as her eyes burned through him. "We took out anybody who messed with the timeline."

"What about innocent people?" Luther questioned, not believing what he's hearing. His brother, a killer..?

Hannah isn't gonna lie, she kills, and she has no shame. The only reason is because she's simply.. getting rid criminals and bad people. She doesn't just go out and kill someone because some lady said so.

"It was the only way I could get back home." Five replied, with an raspy voice.

Luthers eyes grew. "But that's murder."

"Jesus, Luther. Grow up." Five spat. "We're not kids anymore. Theres no such thing as good guys and bad guys. Theres just people. People goin' bout their lives." He spoke very slowly. "When the world ends, all those people die, including our family." He sighed. "Time changes everything." 

-

Hannah sat next to Five on his bed. They had came back to the Academy after the long talk with Luther. There was an awkward silence after the events that had happened the night before. They didn't remember much, but they happen to remembered just enough.. 

"So.." Five looked at her. "What do you think?" He asked. 

She took a breath in. "You killed people?" She asked softly, clarifying it. 

He sighed. "Yes. But Hannah.. You have to understand. I did all that so I could get home. So I could see everyone again. See you again." 

Her lips curled upward. "It makes sense. I cant even imagine what it was like being alone all your life. I wouldn't make it past 20." She chuckled. 

He smiled. "It was hard. Lots of times I felt like giving up but.. I had this feeling. It's stupid, but I knew I would see you all again, some how." 

She grabbed his hand and interlocked their fingers. "Well I'm glad you never gave up. Thank you, Five."

His dimples showed. His smile quickly faded once they heard groaning from Klaus's bedroom. Her eyes widened. 

"Klaus." They said in usion.

Five and Hannah walked down the hall. They stared at the floor in confusion. There was a trail of bloody footsteps, coming from the bathroom, and stops at Klaus's door. Five furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Klaus?" 

Klaus jumped and spun around. He quickly put on a smile. "Hello, Han-han."

"You okay?" Five quietly asked. 

"Yeah.. Just, long night." 

Five didn't need Hannah's mind reading to tell Klaus was lying. He put his hands in his pockets. "More than one from the looks of it."