17- I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED

Luther slowly pulled the car to a stop, at what looked like an abandoned road in the middle of nowhere. Hannah sat in the back seat in the middle, with her arms resting on each headrest of the seats. 

The three sat in silence, before Five broke it by sighing quietly. "You know, I never enjoyed it." He looked down.

"What?" Luther asks.

"The killing. I mean, I was... I was good at my work and I.. took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure. I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well you were gone for such a long time. I spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough." Luther says softly, and Hannah rolls her eyes. "Its the being alone that breaks you."

Hannah looked at Five, and and noticed that his eyes were glossy, so she decided to change the conversation. "You think they'll buy it?" She asked.

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. Its like a cop losing his gun. If the commission finds out.. they'll be in deep sh!t." He pauses, "Oh, and not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."

"I should hold onto it, incase they make a move on you." Luther volunteers. Hannah know that would be impossible, She would never let anything happen to Five as long as she's alive. She'd jump infront of a bullet for him.

And he would do the same.

"Okay Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've lived a long life, but.. your still a young man," Five says, and Hannah gives him a confused look with her eyebrows furrowed. "You've got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it."

"A word of wisdom from our wise old grandpa! Now, we shall exit the vehicle to our death." Hannah says in a British, narrating voice. Five ignores her antics, and they exit the car. 

"Here we go," Hannah mutters, holding onto the door from outside of the car. The wind blows her hair, and Five looks at her, ever since he had come back, she was even more beautiful than before. His lips twitched upwards, then reality kicked in again. And his eyes followed the car that held Hazel and Cha-Cha. 

Here we go.

"If this all goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores im sorry." 

Hannah purses her lips and crosses her arms, feeling annoyed. "Yep, sure thing, buddy." She sighed.

Five talks to Hazel and Cha-Cha, all Hannah could hear was quiet chatter, and she couldn't quite make out what they were saying. So far, it looks as Five had convinced them to call the Handler. They all wait by their cars, waiting for The Handler to arrive. The silence was interrupted by.. ice cream truck music? "What the fu*k?" Hannah whispered, as she turns around to look at it.