PROLOGUE

ON THE TWELFTH HOUR OF THE FIRST DAY ON OCTOBER 1989, FORTY-THREE WOMAN AROUND THE WORLD GAVE BIRTH

This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. 

He got eight of them.

One of them, being Hannah Hargreeves.

<->

In the eyes of a normal person, they would say Hannah looked just like a normal teenage girl, (other than the mature clothing). 

She was anything but.

Hannah Hargreeves, also known as Number Eight, had an... interesting life. But it's about to get alot stranger.

If you were to ask any of the Hargreeves to describe Hannah in one sentence, they would, and I quote, say "All bark, but no bite. Most of the time..."

That could be used in two situations, when it came to her powers, or just her personality. When Hannah and her 'siblings' were children, and even still to this day, she would always playfully flirt with them. obviously, she chickened out when they would flirt back, or make a move on her too. Hence the 'no bite.'. She always teased them, by either touching their thigh seeking a reaction, watching them gulp, or sweat intensely, or staring deeply into their eyes, and many more tactics. She found it fun, playing with people's feelings, as terrible as it sounds.

Once you got to know Hannah, she grew to be very intimidating. She could use her powers on you, and you might not even know it. Hannah's powers complimented each other nicely: Mind reading and Illusion. She would read her victim's mind, find their biggest fear, and make it real. To them, atleast. People around the victim watched in confusion, as the person screamed for their 'mommy', wailing, staring at an empty spot in the room. Living her life was like walking around with a very loud radio attached to her brain - always on, never quiet. Except the channels would play over eachother and most days it made her feel like she was going insane. Thankfully, that only happened days she was stressed.

Hannah, now, lives in an apartment alone. She often gets bored, so she found a way to entertain herself, and make the world a better place at the same time. Why would she let her powers go to waste? Hannah spends alot of her time spilling the blood of bad people. She doesn't wear the mask anymore, it's too well known. She does, however, wear nice things, such as the jewelry she finds in her victim's houses. 

As amazing as she feels her life is, there are ups and downs... her downs, for one, are her Night Illusions. They are much like night terrors, but far worse. As she grew, (mentally) they happened less often. But as a child, they happened almost once every three months. The academy would be sleeping soundly, to be wakened up by screaming, and crying. Night Illusions are when they come to life, Her nightmares, or worse fears. Her powers would switch up on her, and bring them to life without her permission. The Academy ran to her room, trying to get her to calm down as she screaming in fear at an invisible trick, a trick only her, could see. The only one who could calm her was Five.

Five Hargreeves. The boy who left her. Before the boy went missing into the future: Hannah and Five were two souls intertwined. They were always together, joined at the hip, always arm in arm, always together by eachother's sides no matter what. Whenever anyone else was around, he would put on a cold, sarcastic, rude, persona. But with Hannah, he didn't feel like he had to put on a face, or choose the right words, he could spill everything out and she would pick him and piece him back together. They were best friends.

And now, the story begins.