~1~

(So I really like the idea of Aang and Katara both being the same age so let's say he's 14)

"Blood bending. Controlling the water in another body, enforcing your own will over theirs. Once I had mastered the rats I was ready for the men. And during the next full moon I walked free for the first time in decades. My cell unlocked by the very guards assigned to keep me in. Once you prefect this technique you can control anything... or anyone." Katara looked at Hama. "But to reach inside someone and control them? I don't know if I want that kind of power." "The choice is not yours the power exists and it's your duty to use your the gift to end the war! Katara they tried to wipe us out our culture... your Mother!" "I know.." Hama walked towards Katara. "Than you should understand! We are the last water benders of the southern tribe! We have to fight these people whenever we can! Wherever they are with any means necessary!" Katara looked up at Hama slightly afraid and interested in learning blood bending. Her eyes widened in realization "Its you! Your the one who's making people disappear during the full moons!" "They threw me in prison to ro-" Katara waved her hands in front of her motioning for Hama to stop talking. "I'm not judging you, I just realized that." Hama smirked. "I knew we would get along just fine. Now for your first lesson-" "hey hey hey I said I wasn't sure if I wanted that power." "And like I said before the choice is not yours." Katara looked at the grass on the ground flow in the wind deep in thought. "Okay I will learn blood bending. Just let's start tomorrow let me take all this in. Let me sleep on it." Hama nodded. "I'm proud of you for making the right choice Katara. I know this may seem wrong, you may feel like a monster, your friends may not support this people will call you all sorts of names, but I am always here for you. Like I said we are the last water benders of the southern water tribe, we have to stick together." Katara stayed looking at the grass subconsciously brushing her fingers over her mother's necklace. Hama noticed this, she walked over to Katara and put her hand on her shoulder. "Do it for your mother. She would be proud of you." Katara was confused to why she felt like she could trust Hama. Like if the gaang decided to abandon her, Hama would never leave her. Katara hugged Hama. "Thank you. When do you want to start my lessons tomorrow?" Hama smiled. "Depends. Do you want your boyfriend and your friends to know you are a blood bender?" "1 Aang's not my boyfriend, and 2 how do you know I can blood bend?" Hama smirked. "Well 1 when did I ever say that I was referring to Aang? And 2 I can just tell." "Well I mean Sokka is my brother and Aang is the only other person you could be referring to as my boyfriend." Hama frowned and sighed. "I guess your right, I got excited I thought you were going to admit you liked him." Katara blushed. "Why are we even talking about Aang? He has nothing to do with blood bending! Let's meet at dawn, I don't want any of my FRIENDS and ONLY FRIENDS to know I'm a blood bender." Hama chucked. "Okay then dawn it is." Just then Sokka and Aang ran towards Hama and Katara. "We know what you've been doing Hama!" Sokka shouted. Aang got into a fighting stance. "Give up your outnumbered!" Katara looked at Hama and her friends not sure what to do. Hama winked at Katara. Before anyone could react Hama used the water whip grabbed Katara spun her around made a knife out of ice and put it to her neck. "Let me leave and I won't kill your little water bender!" Sokka got ready to attack but Aang stopped him. "Aang what are yo-" "Okay Hama you win leave! Just please don't hurt Katara." Hama slowly took the knife away from Katara's neck. "See you at dawn." Hama then made a mist and vanished.

Katara made sure that Hama had escaped then cleared the mist. "KATARA WHY DIDNT YOU CLEAR THE MIST EARLIER?! WE COULD HAVE GOT HER!" Sokka yelled at his sister. "Hey do not yell at me someone just tried to KILL me I was a bit scared! Plus I'm not the only one who could have cleared the mist!" Katara pointed to Aang. Sokka marched to Aang and repeated the same exact sentence he said to Katara. "I didn't think to clear it in the moment." Aang responded calmly. He walked over to Katara and put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you hurt?" Katara sighed. "No I don't think so." Sokka walked up to Katara and hugged her. "I'm glad your okay." Katara smiled and thanked her brother. "I think we should leave." Sokka suggested. "NO!" Aang and Sokka flinched, they looked at Katara confused. She cleared her throat. "I mean Hama is still out there. And you know me 'I will never turn my back on people who need me.' He he." Katara laughed nervously. The boys shrugged and they all walked into town to find Toph and a new place to stay. Katara felt a little better after Aang told her that Toph had freed all the people Hama had captured. Though she was confused why she didn't care. She felt she wouldn't care if they were still in that cave. They found Toph and began asking around for any inns that don't have a bad reputation. Aang and Sokka did the most talking while Toph and Katara stayed behind. Katara was day dreaming about her being the one blood bending all those fire nation citizens and throwing them in the cave. Katara quietly growled and scolded herself for thinking such things. "Something wrong sugar queen?" Katara frowned. "No I'm just fine." Katara's words came out more harsh than she intended. But she was to stubborn to apologize.

They finally found a place to stay. They all sat around the table sipping tea. "Everything okay Katara you have been quiet." "Don't ask her anything twinkle toes her answer won't be so nice." Katara rolled her eyes and sighed. "I didn't mean to rude to you Toph." Katara stood up from the table. "I'm just tired so I'm going to bed.... I really didn't mean to hurt you in any way." Katara then walked to her room and shut the door. Aang, sokka and Toph all looked at each other. Well Toph looked at the wall but everyone knew that she meant to look at them. "She was lying she's not tired at all. She seems more nervous."

Hey everyone let me know if I should continue this story or if it's boring. Comment thoughts and ideas and VOTE🌊🌍🔥💨🗡💖