❂☺13☺❂

❂❂☺☻☺❂❂

"Why isn't he picking up his cell?" Shota asks Nemuri, his voice laced with worry.

Nemuri quickly finishes throwing her clothes on. "I don't know Shota. Let's just go over there and check on him."

"Okay. I'm just worried. Do you not remember what happened to Oboro? I can't go through that again Nemuri."

"I know, I know. Let's just hurry and get dressed and I'll rush us to his apartment as soon as possible."

Shota and Nemuri quickly finish throwing their clothes on and rush out of the house. Nemuri takes the driver's seat and Shota sits in the passenger seat.

WIthout buckling up, Nemuri pulls out of the driveway and rushes down the road to Hizashi's apartment complex. Shota is stressing out so bad as he puts his hair up into a bun.

The night before he and Nemuri were drunk and having sex, Shota not knowing that Hizashi had called his number. He had called multiple times before finally giving up and leaving Shota a few voicemails in which he listened to the next morning.

The voicemail said, "I'm sorry Shota. I can't do this anymore. I can't keep pretending I am okay when I am not. I try, I really do but I just feel like the more I try the worse I feel. Please forgive me and continue to live for both of us. You were always the strongest of the three and it's been proven. Goodbye Shota... I'm sorry."

As soon as Shota had heard the message all the way through, he immediately woke Nemuri up. The events after that were quick which is now leading them to rush over to the apartment.

When reaching the door, he grabs the key from under the rug and quickly unlocks the door. Hizashi's apartment is a mess, things thrown all over the place.

He rushes in towards the bedroom and doesn't see a sign of Hizashi as Nemuri looks around other spots. Shota quickly goes to the bathroom to find it locked causing worry to spark throughout his body even worse.

He slams his body into the door as he tries to get it open, failing the first few times. The sixth time he slams his body into it, he falls onto the floor as the door opens. Shota quickly gets up and the sight he sees is one he wished he would have never needed to see. One that he knows he could have stopped if he just picked up the phone.

Rushing over to Hizashi, Shota yells, "NEMURI! CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!"

He kneels down by the bathtub and checks his pulse. Tears are pouring down his face like a waterfall as he continues checking different spots on his body, needing to feel a pulse.

When never finding one, he pulls Hizashi's body towards his own. "No- Why did you leave me Hizashi. This is all my fault. I should have been there for you." Many things fall from his lips as he knows the last best friend he has is gone. He blames himself for not picking up, for not answering when his friend needed him most and it's now killing him inside.

Nemuri is standing in the doorway with tears trailing down her face, falling to her knees at the sight.

Both adults thought that Hizashi was fine. That Hizashi was happy and had already coped with Oboro's death and doing fine in life. But now they both realize how wrong they are and can't believe they never noticed any of the songs.

Being the one closest to Hizashi, Shota hates himself for never realizing just how bad things really were for his friend.

❂❂☺☻☺❂❂

It's been exactly one year since Shota lost Hizashi. Exactly one year since he lost one of the last people who didn't make him dread being alive after Oboro died during the earthquake.

As soon as Eri starts making her way to Nemuri's car, Nemuri turns and looks at Shota for a moment. She gives him a sad smile and rubs the side of his arm before turning around and making her way to her car.

Shota shuts the door and puts his back against it. He slides down it and puts his face in his hands as the memories of that day end up running through his head once again.

He can remember it like it was yesterday. The blood that stained the floor from his wrist hanging off the side of the tub. It's haunted him for a year now and he wishes that it wasn't stuck in his head.

He stays in the position of sitting against the door for a good hour before finally standing up. He's teary-eyed as he walks towards the kitchen, one of his hands running along the wall as he walks.

When reaching the kitchen Shota walks over to the sink and crouches down. He opens the cabinet and throws a few cleaning supplies onto the floor. He pulls out a few bottles of whiskey from the back and walks away from the mess he left on the floor.

He walks into the living room and plops down onto the couch. He opens one of the bottles and sips some of the drink. He holds the bottle in his hand as he leans his head back. Each memory running through his head and the tears pouring from his eyes.

❂❂☺☻☺❂❂

You slide through the kitchen and to the front door to let the guys in the dorm room. "Hey, guys!!!!!" Mina squeals from the couch.

She jumps up and runs over to you all, pulling the guys to the living room.

"Ah Mina, I still need to go stop by you know who's real quick to give him his clothes back. I'll be back later!" you say as you follow them.

"Okay! I'll keep the guy's company. Take my car and be safe," she replies.

You smile and hug her. "Thank you! Have fun and don't forget to warn Ochako about the guys being here."

"Yes, mom," she says sarcastically. You giggle at her and grab the clothes from your room. You grab her keys and head out to her car.

After reaching his house, you are happy to see that he's home and the drive wasn't for nothing. You park the car behind his and make sure you have all his stuff. You realize you probably should have texted him before just showing up but it's too late for that.

You turn the car off and slide the keys into your pocket. With the clothes in one hand, you knock on the door. With no answer, you knock again. You sigh and make sure it's his car in the driveway before walking back to the front door.

You twist the handle to find it unlocked and slowly push the door open. "Shota," you yell, your voice not too loud so you don't disturb him.

With no answer, you start to grow slightly worried and walk into the house. You close the door behind you and look down the hallway. There are multiple things spewed onto the floor and some glass on the floor from a broken lamp.

"Shota?" you yell out again. Not getting a reply you walk further into the house. You set the clothes onto a random table as you walk into the living room. There are empty bottles of whiskey lying around the couch, pillows thrown around the room.

You feel anxious as you look at the mess, wondering what happened. You gulp and make your way towards Eri's room to find it neat and empty.

You notice the picture of Shota, Oboro and Hizashi from high school not on the wall in its usual spot as you walk towards Shota's room.

You take a deep breath, not bothering to knock as you turn the handle to his bedroom. You open the door to see Shota's back turned away from you. A gun in his hand with the barrel pushed against the side of his head.

❂❂☺☻☺❂❂

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter!!!!

Any Thoughts?!

Aizaten♥♥♥