❂☺15☺❂

❂❂☺☻☺❂❂

Waking up the next morning, Shota is already awake. He's cleaned up the mess he had made the day before, cleaned the class he's broken, the bottles he left laying around and anything else he left trashed.

When you wake up, he's sitting on a chair near the bed drinking coffee. When he sees you sit up, he says, "Morning." His voice sounds as lifeless as his eyes had looked the night before.

"Morning," you reply as you turn to him and hang your legs off the side of the bed. "Are you feeling any better?" you ask.

He stands up and says, "As much as I can after last night."

You just nod your head a little, not much more to actually be said about the topic. There is an awkward silence for a moment and you look to see if the gun is still beside the tv. Shota notices you looking in that direction and says, "I put it up in a safe place."

There is worry shown on your face even after that. As if reading your mind Shota says, "I won't be trying anything again if that's what you are worried about. That was-" He pauses for a moment, "A mistake."

Changing the subject, he adds, "There is breakfast on the table if you are hungry." Shota walks out of the room and you just follow him as he walks to the table. It surprises you that everything is clean, making you wonder how long he has been awake.

The two of you sit there in silence as you eat breakfast. The only sound being the forks hitting the plate. You steal a glance at Shota every here and there, wondering how he's actually feeling right now. Everything that happened still worries you as you think about it.

The fact that he was so willing to kill himself while drunk means he feels that way sober too. Either just as much or maybe even double except he just thinks a lot more rationally about everything when sober.

After eating Shota tells you to shower and lets you wear some of his clothes. When you come out of the bathroom, there is still water dripping from your hair.

Shota looks up as you walk out the bathroom door. Noticing your hair, he tells you to bring him your towel and a hairbrush. You are confused as to why he wants the stuff but you grab them anyway.

You hand the towel to him and he says, "Turn around and crouch down." You furrow your eyebrows in confusion as you do what he asks only to feel the towel on your head seconds later. Shota dries your hair and asks, "You want to know what happened, don't you?"

"Yes, but I mean only if you want to talk about it. I don't want to force you to tell me something you don't want to," you reply. You speak quickly as your nerves take over from being put on the spot like that.

You hear Shota sigh from behind you as the towel stops moving. He removes the towel from your head and grabs the hairbrush.

As he starts brushing your hair he says, "The men in that image I was holding yesterday, they are both dead."

"Oboro and Hizashi, right?" you ask, remembering what Eri told you when you first saw the image on the wall.

"Mhm." There is a minute of silence as Shota continues brushing tangles from your hair. "Oboro was the first to pass away when I was in high school. It tore Hizashi and me up on the inside for years."

"How did he-" You want to say the word but you find it hard to say at the moment.

Finishing the sentence for you, Shota says, "Die?"

You nod your head and lean your head backward to where you are looking up at him. Shota sets the hairbrush on the bed and looks down at you. "We were at a mall when an earthquake hit. Oboro was a few feet behind Hizashi and me."