An angel in hell

Flashback

Trabzon Airfield, Turkey

The first thing I can see is the fire and a red sky.
Am I in hell?
My vision become more clear: the propeller of the plane is burning.
Where is everyone? And where is he?
My head hurts and I start to cough due to the air. My breath become heavy.
If I didn't die before, I'm going to die now.
I try to stand up but I can't move a muscle but only the fingers of my dirty hand.
Then I hear footsteps. It's the end.
Even if we stopped Arash the enemies catch us.
My heart is beating so fast for the fear, but never as fast as for Adler.
I close my eyes waiting for the final blow.
After spending years and years in the CIA that's how I'm dying: in a pathetic way, due to a missed bullet.
If they let me tell me last words, they will be: Mason, you really suck as a sniper. And Adler, I really suck to confess my feelings for you.
Wait a minute, why I'm still thinking? Wasn't I supposed to be dead already?
Or the dead was so quick?
I open my eyes and Adler appears in front of me. Like an angel in hell.
Thank God he's alive.
He carefully takes my hand and pulls me up.
Fortunately I can stand on my feet.
"We've got Arash." - Adler reassures me.
Woods is on my left, holding Arash for his neck.
"You should have freed the hostages when you had the chance."- Woods throws Arash on the ground. Mason reaches us from behind.
Arash screams due to pain but then starts to laugh.
"Hostages? It was never about the hostages."
Then he fastly takes a gun from a pocket but Woods is faster: he kicks it far away.
"His plan is already underway! You won't be able to stop him this time." - explains Arash holding is wrist, where Woods hit him before.
"Stop who?" - asks Woods.
"Perseus."
Perseus? Who is he?
"Bullshit. Perseus is dead." - intrudes Adler.
"Dead? All this time, and you didn't even know! Perseus will watch the West burn!" - Arash seems convinced of what he said by himself.
Suddenly I can't remember more.
Everything become black. I can only hear, but not see. What's happening?
Arash is laughing. Then a gun shot breaks the silence.
"Hudson will want to hear about this. Let's sweep the tarmac for survivors and get to Langley." - says Adler
"Who the fuck is Perseus?" - asks Woods.
The black vision disappears from my eyes.
Now I'm in a truck with a files on my knees.
My vision is blurry and the light is blinding.
I have a wound on my stomach and the blood is everywhere.
"Over there! We've got a live one!" - screams somebody, a male voice.
Is he-?