Clueless

Our teammates are still talking between them when Adler and I come inside the safehouse.
The clime is warm and not cold anymore; finally I can feel the point of my nose and fingers again.
Thank god Adler didn't notice my breakdown, it would be so awkward.
The conversation with Adler outside made me calm down and forget everything.
Everything except him and the dawn above us.
Does he has such a big power over me?
I take advantage of this little piece of time to examine all the evidence we have about the mission Fracture Jaw.
I reach the board and open the files "Fracture Jaw" .
The first evidence is a photo of Camp Haskins.
On the photo there are helicopter in the blue sky, many palms around the place with some soldiers playing cards. It seems a nice camp with a great atmosphere.
Yeah, it's the calm before the storm.
I read what the files says about it:
Eight thousand miles from home.
Located just north of Da Nang, Camp Haskins was a part of a conglomeration of US military bases that supported the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force.
Russell Adler's MACV-SOG team was briefly stationed there in the fall of 1967 and into the early winter of 1968. This photo was taken on a rare day without rain during the region's winter monsoon season. Jr was during this week at Da Nang that Adler's team discovered evidence of Perseus in Vietnam.

I was there with Adler. He told me that. I hope I'll remember this soon. Maybe since there we were close and that's way I feel in this way around him...
The second evidence is another photo of...
Crap, that's Lawrence Sims with... Russell Adler! Oh my god!
He's wearing jeans with a military tight polo which evidences his muscles even more.
In his hands he holds a big weapon.
He has a fisherman hat on his head. He looks so funny in it!
I start laughing and accidentally didn't notice Adler, who was observing me all the time.
"What are you laughing at?" - he asks coming closer.
I turn around and hide the photo behind my back.
"Oh, uh... nothing." - I try to smile. "I was just looking at the evidences about Fracture Jaw."
I know he didn't fall for it.
He's taller than me so I have to look up to reach his eyes.
"You're such a bad liar, Bell." - he says with a smirk, coming closer more and more. "Show me that or..."
He looks around to be sure nobody is watching us. Luckly everyone is busy .
We're so close that I feel his warm breath on my neck. He smells of cigarette and mint.
A magic atmosphere grows around us, excluding our teammates outside.
"Or?"- I challenge him.
His blue eyes hypnotize me.
With a fast movement he takes the photo from my hands. Fuck. I didn't notice Adler was slowly moving his arm to reach my back.
"Hey! Give it back!" - I laugh.
"Are you impressed, Bell? Because your face tells me that." - he says with a smirk.
"One of those days I need to teach you this technique of manipulation or you will end helping a totally healthy enemy when he will try to ask your help."
He looks at the photo in his hands.
"Oh, let me guess. You were laughing of my handsome cap, weren't you?" - he asks.
"Yeah but... you look cute in it."
Gosh, what did I say?!
"Really?"
"Um, really."
"I find you cute too." - he smiles, gives back the photo and walks away.
My face become all red. I want to scream of happiness. I can't believe he just called me cute! Wait, why I enjoyed that? Calm down Bell, it was just a compliment between good friends. That's what we are, or at least I think.
The files says:

Shared joy, shared suffering.
After Lawrence Sims graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology, he entered the Army, where he served for two years before joining the ranks of the Central Intelligence Agency.
His first major assignment placed him ok Russell Adler's MACV-SOG team in Vietnam, where he immediately became one of Adler's favorite cohorts. By the end of their time there, Sims was also Adler's most trusted confidante. He has been a mainstay ok Afler's various team ever since.

I watch Adler's face one more time on the photo and put it back.
If you're only my teammate Adler, then why I can't stop thinking about you?
The third evidence is an U.S Army Calendar of 1967. The paper is yellow and a little ruined.
It signs the month of September, October, November and December.
On the month of October there are some red crosses. I guess it was important.
I read what it says: