Iron Curtain

Safehouse, CIA
February 25, 1981

When Park, Lazar, Adler and I enter trough the principal door of the safehouse a delicius smell goes inside our noses.
I don't know what time it is but I can feel it's very late because I'm so tired.
But I need to eat first, I'm starving and the only meal I ate was the knackwurst wich Adler brought to me.
"Look who is back!" - Woods says to Mason.
Mason is serving the meal on each dish on the table in front of the board.
When he hears the Wood's words he turns around.
"Hey, guys! Dinner's ready!" - Mason shows to everybody the omelette he cooked.
He seems very proud of it.
"Who are you? My mother?" - Adler jokes.
"Oh, c'mon! You can show me more gratitude, you know? I prepared a real meal, so we won't eat some canned food tonight, like we always do." - Mason shows his omelette.
"Yeah, you prepared the food when we were out there risking our lives." - Adler replies.
"I know, I know. But it seems you're all fine, aren't you?"
Adler fakes to shot Mason with an invisible gun. Mason falls on the floor and we all laugh.
An hour ago I tought to die, killed by Volkov, and now we're all laughing under this roof:
this is the best thing of being a soldier.
We sit down and start to eat.
"So, how was the mission?" - Mason asks eating the first bite.
"Was great, until a Greta's contact betrayed her. And before Bell was captured." - replies Adler quietly, like it's a normal thing nowadays.
"Shit! What happened?" - Woods asks watching us.
"I was captured by Kraus in his house. Luckily I found the briefcase before he... you know. Then I heard someone asking for help inside one of his wardrobe. It was Greta." - I say looking down. "She was- she was tidied... I tried to save her but then Kraus hit me from the behind. I lost my senses. I woke up in one of their hiding places. There were Kraus, some soldiers, Greta, Volkov and Richter." - I explain eating the meal.
"Who is Richter?"- Mason asks.
"He's Greta's contact. She told me to save or neutralize him. I choosed to trust him..." 
"What's next?" - Mason is curious to hear the whole story.
"After a short talk with Volkov he said I'm a good resource but I've been damaged. I don't know what it means. He called me Comrade too, like we were partners or something. "  - I drink some water.
My team look at each other worried, like they know something I don't.
I decide to not tell what he said to me before I captured him. Maybe he was just trying  to manipulate me.
"After that Volkov pointed a gun to my head but before he could shot," - I say watching Park, Lazar and Adler " -they saved me."
Adler looks at me with a smart smile.
Only us know how much we were surprised seeing each other .
Suddenly someone clears his throat in a side of the safehouse.
We all turn around. Who could it be?
The whole team is with me, nobody of us can be there.
My heart jumps when I notice a male figure sitting on the Sims' desk.
I relax my muscles: it's only Hudson.
I don't like him as I like my team but I have to deal with it if I want to work in the CIA.
When he's around Adler becomes like one of us.
Hudson is the boss here and he's way more important: he's the one who gives orders and we have to obey.
Everytime I see him I become nervous and I think he hates me.
He's wearing a long black duster jacket and a pair of sunglasses but Adler is way better wearing them.
His head turns to me and I immediately low my eyes. He makes me feel uncomfortable.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you about his visit." - says Mason to Adler, clearly uncomfortable as me.
"I'm sorry to interrupt your party but I hear you have accomplished your mission." - Hudson starts talking. His voice is deep and without emotion." I hear also that someone of you-" - he looks at me.
Adler, who is sitting next to me, noticing Hudson's attitude, puts an hand on my leg under the table.
The contact gives to me many emotions.
Everytime he touches me I feel like an electric discharge starts from the point where his hand is and goes around all my body.
I gratefully look at him, he smiles and keeps listening to Hudson.
- " was caught by Volkov, however you captured him and took the information we were looking for. Well done." - Hudson finishes.
" Thank you, Hudson." - Adler says. " But why are you here? The mission was successful."
"I'm here because we need to analyze what's inside that briefcase."
"I saw some photos of a bomb... or something like that when I opened it." - I explain.
"It's worse than I thought." - Hudson wishpers. "Quick, finish your dinner. I give you five minutes while I finish to write the letter to the President." - after saying this he goes to another room.
"This must be important." - Park says with a serious voice.
"We're jumping on a mission to another." - Lazar considers taking a sip of water.
"There are too many clues." - Woods adds. " How we can think to connect them all? It's not only a war fought with weapons but with minds too!"
"But we have some benefits wich our enemies don't. Let's finish the dinner, then we will analyze this briefcase or - whatever." - Adler takes a sip of wine.