Brick in the wall

February 24, 1981
Safehouse, CIA

Before going ahead into the mission we make a reunion to talk about it.
"Volkov heads the Russian mob that moved into East Berlin once the wall went up in '61." - Adler says observing the projected pictures of Volkov on the wall of the safehouse.
"This guy has connections to cartels throughout Europe and the Americas." - Lazar says.
"Neutralizing him will not only hurt Perseus, but the global syndicate. He's a big fish." - Alder continues.
"And here's our little fish..." - Park says with smart eyes. "Franz Kraus. According to M16, he's one of Volkov's information couries. He has a drop with Volkov scheduled for tomorrow night."
Kraus's pictures appear on the wall.
"We'll infiltrate Easte Berlin via the U-Bahn. A ghost station on the other side of the wall has the access we need. From there we'll catch Kraus as he enters the city. Once Volkov shows his face it's kill or capture."- Adler finishes his explanation.
The reunion is over. Time to get these bastards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 24, 1981
East Berlin, German Democratic Republic
00:00 p.m

A German male voice that announces something wakes me up.
I slept during our travel in the train and now I have an hard time to open my eyes.
"We just passed under the Wall into East Berlin. Get ready." - Park advises us using the radio.
Alright, I have to be professional.
I slowly open my eyes. The light is low and it doesn't hurt my eyes.
There aren't many people in the car and that's a good thing.
In front of me there is a young couple: he's hugging her and she seems so happy.
I wish it was Adler and I at them place...
Speaking of the devil, when I turn my head at the left I can see Adler staring at me.
He's good locking as ever, with his sunglasses, the black jacket and brown shirt, elegant pants and his misterius scar wich it's less evident because of Adler's beard.

I immediately blush and look down.
I still don't understand why he didn't talk with me since our last chat.
Is he mad at me?
I don't really know what he meant before but... His words made my heart beat like hell.
I was so happy and shy at the same time that I just couldn't say anything. I was speechless.
The German male voice announces something again.
I sigh and look at Adler one more time.
He's smoking as usual his cigarette, watching me.
I don't know what to do so I check my watch on my wrist: it's midnight.