The first dawn

Safehouse, CIA
West Berlin
February 24 1981
7:00 a.m.

Some voices wake me up. They come from upstairs. It's probably Park and Lazar, they are the most early risers.
God, I don't wanna get up. The bed is so warm and I'm still sleepy.
I know I have a lot of work to do today but I want to sleep more. Fracture Jaw can wait.
Suddenly I smell the perfume of hot coffee, eggs with bekon and many other food.
I notice that I'm starving and my stomach grumbles with my thought, as if he wanted to say that it's time to move my ass.
But if I go to eat then everybody will expect me to start my work after that.
Get up or don't get up? That's the problem.
"Goodmorning, sleepyhead." - says a voice near me.
I jump from the fear and open my eyes: it's Adler who's watching me.
The memories of this night come to my mind.
The nightmare and... Adler in my bed, sleeping with me.
I thought I dream all of that! But it's real!
He was so sweet to sleep with me. I still can't believe it.
"Goodmorning, Adler." - I try to act normal.
"Don't you wear your sunglasses at bed?"
"Ha-ha. So funny." - he smiles.
He looks at me with his blue eyes, thoughtful.
"How are you doing?" - he asks.
"I slept well, thank you."
"Good to know. But don't scream again this night, okay?"- he says with a smirk and gets up.
He combs his long disheveled hair with an hand and turns around to look at me.
Adler is without his shirt so it's hard for me to take off my eyes from his body. The muscles are perfectly sculpted with hard training. He seems like a Greek god. And his scar makes everything look more jaw-dropping and mysterious.
Adler seems to read my mind and I blush.
"You recovered fast from your injury." - he notices. "But you need to change those bandages."
I roll up my shirt and notice an old stain of blood.
My head starts to spin and I start to feel seek.
The flashback of the nightmare appears in my mind.
The woman coming close to me.
The needle in my neck.
I can't stand it for more longer. I run to the bathroom in my dorm and throw up.
"Bell!" - Adler run after me.
He holds my hair while I'm kneeling in the bathroom.
After I finish I feel much better but powerless.
He holds me in his arms and brings me to bed.
"That's normal, don't worry. This happened because of your surgery." - he explains anxiously. There is a note of uncertainty in his voice.
He exits the room and after a while he comes back with alcohol and some bandages.
Adler gently rolls up my shirt and takes off the old bandages. Even if his fingers looks big and not suitable for this kind of things they're fly fast and carefully around my waist.
The wound is almost all scarred but with old dry blood around.
"I need to do a quick bath before."
"Sure, go ahead." - he agrees. "I'm going to take breakfast for both of us, or those gluttons will eat all the food on the table."
Adler goes upstairs.
I take a white towel from a shelf and reach the bathroom. Fortunately the floor is all clear due to Adler's help. I hope I won't throw up again in his presence.
I take off my pajamas and open the water, then I carefully go into the bath.
The hot water relaxes my muscles but burns a little my wound.
After few minutes the water reach the board so I close the sink and add some soap inside.
Many bubbles appear on the surface reflecting my face and the light.
I take a moment to think.
Why Adler is so nice with me? I remember him being cold and distant with everyone, at least that's what I remember.
He made a coffee for me, slept with me...
And the way he hugged me this night... it's evident that he cares a lot about me.
Not Lazar, not Woods or Mason, not Park, but me. Only me. I need to find the reason.
I learn with experience that if a person suddenly becomes nice that's mean he wants something from you. I need to be careful with him but how I can resist ?
This never happened to me before, I don't know how I should act. He's my teammates after all. That's how teammates should be: loyal and respectful. The only problem is that Adler is loyal and respectful, but not the type of guy who sleps together with someone.
Or maybe... No, it can't be.
I start to laugh thinking about the proud and strong Adler, who fell in love for his teammates.
Suddenly someone knocks at the door.
"I'm sorry to disturb your funny thoughts but breakfast is ready." - Adler fools me.
Dammit, he heard me!
"Coming!"
I quickly finish doing my bath and dry myself with the towel.
Now I need to dress up.
Wait. Where are my clothes?
God, I forgot them in my bedroom!
The only solution is to cover my body with this towel.
I open the door and see Adler, this time with his polo and glasses on, sitting on my bed with two trays full of hot coffee and pancakes.
My stomach grumbles so hard that Adler hears that.
"Hot coffee and pancakes for you..."- he says looking at the towel.
"Thank you." - I smile.
He clearly doesn't get the sign.
"Um, would you mind turn around so I can change?"
"Oh of course." - he blush and look in the other direction.
"Don't peek." - I warn him.
"Maybe."
I dress up with my military clothes and try to take a sip of hot coffee and a bite of those delicious pancakes but Adler stops me.
"First of all we need to clean your wound." - he moves away the trays.
"Hey! I'm starving!" - I objected.
"Alright, alright, but only a bite."
I start to eat an entire pancake.
"I said only a bite."
"Wow, that's so good!" - I ignore him. "Did you cook them?"
"Yeah. But now the wound." - he seems to appreciate my compliment.
With still my mouth full of food I lie down and Adler unbuttons my jacket.
"This is going to hurt a little." - he pours the alcohol. 
Then he finishes his work applying new bendages.
"Done." - he says putting away everything on a shelf in my room.
"Thank you. Really, I own you." - I admitted.
"It's only my job."
I can read in his eyes that he's happy.
"It's better if we finish our breakfast upstairs with the guys. We have a lot of work to do and if we won't show up they will probably think about the worst."

As suggested Adler now we're in the front of the famous evidence board, eating breakfast all together.
When Adler showed up everyone act with respect.
" 'Morning everyone!" - I smile.
"So, Bell, I heard that you had some nightmares this night." -says Park.
I look badly at Adler and he shrugs his shoulder. Why the hell did he tell her that?
"Um, yeah. But nothing to worry about." - I coldly reply.
"I heard that you threw up too." - adds Park.
I don't like how she analyze me.
"We need to know more. They can be the consequences of your surg-."
"Jesus Park, let her eat in peace!" - exclaims Woods. "If you want to analyze someone just search for some rats outside."
Everyone laugh and Mason falls on the floor.
Between laughter and speeches we finish our breakfast.
"Alright people, ten minutes of break and then we start." - says Adler.
Park goes talk with Lazar, Woods and Mason are still laughing in their own...
So what can I do to kill the time?
If I'm lucky there will still be the awesome colors in the sky coming from the dawn.
I reach the metal black door to go outside.
I notice it's ajar. I wonder who had my same idea.

The fresh air of the morning is the best.
I take a deep breath and step by step I reach a
tree with its leaves full of dew.
A bunch of birds start to sing a nice melody and I can't lose it so I close my eyes and fly away with their chirping.
I imagine a world without wars, a better world where everyone respect each other.
A better world where everyone has a family, a family who don't die due to the bullets in their heads coming from a fucking terrorist.
A warm tear slides down from my left cold cheek.
Suddenly while I inhale fresh air I smell cigarette too.
I fastly wipe my tear: nobody need to know my weakness.
I turn around and see Adler leaning on a wall and smoking.
How long he was observing me? Did he see me cry?
"Beautiful, isn't it?" - he asks me watching the sky.
I'm lucky: the colors red, yellow, purple and blue are mixed above our heads.
I didn't even notice it because I was lost in my thoughts. Strange how the sad emotions cover the good one.
"That's way I love dawns and sunsets." - I reply going near him.
I hope he won't notice my red eyes.
The smoke comes out from Adler's mouth and disperses in the air, like a flock of birds.
"The beautiful things never last for long time." - he observes.
"But that's why they're beautiful." - I explain.
Silence.
"I like your company, Bell." - admitted Adler.
"Really?"
"Really."
"I thought you were like a lone wolf."
"Sometimes. I just need to find the right people to talk with. As you know we can't trust nobody, neither ourselves."
"Why we can't trust ourselves?" - I ask confused.
"One day Bell, one day you will understand."
I wonder what does it mean. He's mysterious in his attitude too.
"Wanna smoke?" - he asks after a while.
"Oh, I never tried."
"There is the first time for everything."
Why not? It's just a cigarette.
But when I try it I start coughing so much. Bad decision.
"That's normal. Don't worry." - reassures Adler.
"What did you put in there?" - I ask between a cough and another.
"Just tobacco." - he laughs.
"I guess I suck as a smoker." - I smile.
He finishes his cigarette and throws it on the ground.
"You're fine, Bell. Now let's go inside. Fracture Jaw is waiting."

______________________________
* I edited the photo in the beginning