Wake up

Safehouse, CIA
West Berlin
10:30 pm
February  23 1981

We must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries
in today's world do not have.
Let that be understood by those who practice terrorism and prey upon their neighbors.
Some U.S. intelligence analysis believe America is already in a state of war with the Soviet Union. Are Soviets spies living among us?
52 American citizens have been taken hostage at the American Embassy in Tehran.
An unnamed White House official that a Cold Was disaster could be just around the corner.

Black: Mr.President we have two names linked to the hostage situation: Arash Kadivar and Qasim Javadi. Just give the word.
Reagan: It's time to send a message. There will be not more hostages.

Those words wake me up. I rub my eyes and open them. My head hurts so bad. I don't have any windows so I don't know what time is it. The only light is coming from a lamp near my bed.
I sit and stretch my back. I feel like I slept for hours. There's another bed above mine, but empty. Why nobody woke me up? We got a job to do.
"Oh, you're finally awake." - says a voice in the room.
I gasp and try to find the man.
I look around. The walls are brown and black with a map of America. There is a desk and kn the desk there is one recorder. The words I heard before are coming from there and... finally my eyes find the men.
On a chair, a man turns off the recorder. He turns around...He wears a pair of sun glasses, a black jacket, a brown sweather and elegant pants. Adler.
The light of the lamp emphasizes the scar on his face. It gives him a misterius look.
"Adler... What time is it?" - I whisper confused.
He look at his watch. "Half past ten. Post meridian."- says with a smirk.
What?! I slept all day?!
"Oh, don't worry, it's okay."- he says like he is reading my mind. "You were tired from your last mission so we decided to give you a free day."
Last mission? I don't remember...
I'm thirsty and hungry so I stand up to take a glass of water.
I notice that I'm wearing a t-shirt wich is too big for me, surely not one of mine.
I look confused at Adler and only now I can see how much fascinating he is.
Why I'm thinking this right now? I mean, we know each other for so long.
"Oh this is my shirt." - explains a little embarrassed Adler. " Your clothes were dirty."
"I see."
I try to walk but immediately I feel pain on my stomach. I roll up the t-shirt: above my shorts there are some bandages around my weist with a red stain on a side. Blood.
My head starts to hurts and before I fall on the floor Adler catches me.
"What's happened to me?" - I ask confused.
"I told you: in the last mission you was hurt by a gun."- he puts me back in the bed.
"You just tell me I was tired."
"Well, now I told you." - he says with a smile.
Adler sits on the chair in front of me.
Only now I realize that I'm not wearing shorts, but male's underwear.
"And those are yours too?" - I laugh but the wound hurts again. "Fuck." I put a hand on my stomach.
"Well, yes." - he laughs too. "Are you hungry Bell?"
"I'm starving."
"Okay, stay here. I will take you some food."
Adler goes up for the stairs.
Why I don't remember anything about this mission? Whatever, like Adler said I was tired.
After five minutes Adler is not here yet so I decide to go to the bathroom, wich is literally near my room. It's small but has everything I need.
I watch myself in the mirror and wash my face with fresh water.
"Bell?" - I hear Adler calling me.
"Coming!"
I dry my face with a towel and go to my dorm.
Adler was sitting on my bed with an hamburger in a hand and a glass of water in the other. Some new military clothes are lean on the chair.
I support myself with the forniture to reach the bed. Adler stands up and take me to the bed again.
"Don't worry, the stitches will not hurt anymore in a couple of days. Here, eat."
"Thanks..." - I say giving my first bite to the hamburger.
I finish it in a few minutes and then drink all the water. When I put down the glass I can see Adler looking at me.
"What?" - I ask.
"You have a piece of ham. Right here."- he says taking it with a finger and eating it.
My cheeks burn. When did he start to be so caring about me?
He seems to notice that and smiles at me.
A strange feeling invades my stomach.
That magic atmosphere breaks when I hear Woods upstairs.
"Adler? She's awake?"- he asks.
Adler looks at the strairs, then at me.
"I suppose our team want to meet you after your...mission. Get dressed. We're waiting you up."- Adler walks out.
I reach the chair and put on the uniforme and leave his shirt on my bed.
Suddenly a television turns on, wich I never notice before, showing me some randomly videos of war. Am I dreaming? Or there are ghost here? I make a step closer but then the television turns off.
I look around to see if Adler is still here to make fun of me, but the dorm is empty.
So I look behind the television: the plug is disconnected. I shivered and carefully go upstairs. My legs are heavy to move, like my entire body were paralyzed.
I need to know what happened.