Chapter Nine

//Sophia's pov//

I roll out of bed and sigh. I feel like I got no sleep last night. I have to finish the interrogation scene with Harry today so I need my energy. My phone buzzes and I pick it up off of my nightstand. 'Call me later. This trip is so boring!'

I quickly grab my things and run out to my car. I check the clock to see if I have time to stop and get a coffee and groan. Guess I'll just have to go through the day the best I can.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pull up to the studio and begin running to my trailer. I bump into someone and sigh. "Woah what's your hurry?"

"I'm late," I say and Harry hands me my bag.

"You look exhausted," he says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever, I don't have time for this."

"Hey calm down you're okay."

"No I can't be late because I've already screwed up the interrogation scene and-" I say and he places his hands on my shoulders.

"You are okay. Nobody blames you for yesterday. And you're not the only one who messed up that scene we all did," he says and I nod. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just stressed," I say and he sighs.

"Don't be. Hey, go get dressed and I'll go find Sage and Amanda."

"Thanks Harry," I say and he nods.

"Of course. You're gonna be okay," he says squeezing my shoulders reassuringly. I walk into my trailer and throw on my costume. I sit in the chair in front of my mirror and take a deep breath. I try to steady my breathing and pick up my phone. I begin dialing a number and it goes straight to voicemail.
My breathing quickens, despite my efforts to steady it and I begin shaking. I feel my eyes tear up and I can't force back the tears. Harry walks inside and rushes to my side when he sees me. "Hey. Hey, Sophia, it's okay," he says and I try to speak but I can't seem to get out the words. "Hey what's wrong?"

"I'm having... an anxiety attack," I manage to get out and he wraps his strong arms around me.

"Okay do me a favor... just take deep breaths. In through your nose, out through your mouth," he says and I try my best to take deep breaths. "Shh. Shh. You're okay. Why are you anxious?"

"I can't screw this up. And I barely slept last night because I had something on my mind... and.. I feel awful."

"What did you have on your mind?"

"Have I been a really crappy friend?"

"No. No of course not. You've been great."

"Except for when we first met, I was so rude to you."

"Hey that's in the past. I know I give you a hard time about it but I was never actually upset."

"I'm so sorry," I say and he rubs my back.

"It's okay. Listen you have no reason to be anxious or upset. And I won't leave your side until you're okay," he says and I lay my head on him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah after you came offering it! I could've done this just fine without you!" Harry yells and I scoff.

"Oh really? Because I'm the one who knew about Jack's supposed buddy being in contact with him!"

"I could've figured that out just as easily all I'd have to do is get Jack's phone records."

"Are you so damn stubborn you won't admit that you needed my help?" I say and Harry turns around. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs. "I don't know why you care about this case so much. But you can't continue to do things the way you are doing them, not if you're going to work with me."