Chapter Twenty Six

//authors note: I really wanted to try something cause I've seen people do this and I just love the idea plus I listened to the song while rereading this chapter last night and I just felt like it kind of fit so start playing when you see the *. Anyways warning for this chapter it does involve slut shaming, Harry's "womanizer" image from the media (we all know that he's not one so please don't take this as me calling him one), and involves the discussion of cheating as well. I love you all so much and my messages are always open mwah.

\\Sophia's Pov\\
I wake up the next morning to the sound of my alarm and sigh. I got maybe an hour of sleep last night. I was up all night comforting Harry and making sure he got some sleep. I barely left his side except to use the restroom. He was up till almost one and I have a busy day so I can't be with him as much as I'd like today.
I roll out of bed and walk into the kitchen. I start making some coffee and pull out my phone. I type up Harry's name on Google and see over a dozen news articles. I pull up the one he was reading last night when I found him. 'Harry styles, womanizer, at it again with supposed girlfriend' the headline reads.
Underneath it there's a picture of me and Harry walking out of the airport. I'm dressed in leggings, and a comfy tee that's being covered by one of Harry's treat people with kindness hoodies that he let me borrow after I got cold on the plane. Harry is wearing a t- shirt and some baggy sweatpants with some shades. I shake my head at the thought of our privacy being invaded.
I scroll down a little bit and begin reading. 'Harry Styles singer, songwriter, solo artist and member of boy band One Direction has been known in the media for years as a womanizer. For the past several weeks Styles has done a good job at staying out of the media. Up until him and his new "girlfriend" were spotted leaving the LA airport Friday' the article says and I bite my lip. How can they put the word girlfriend in quotes? What? Do they think it's some damn publicity stunt so Harry can just sleep around without being judged?
Or that it's going to somehow boost his career? He's successful, he has it all what could he gain from this? Unless.. It means that I'm the one gaining from a pr stunt between us, but that also wouldn't make sense. I mean i'm a fucking nobody as far as anyone knows. My mind is spinning with thoughts.
I look at the bedroom before continuing to read. 'That same day before the two were spotted together Mr Styles posted a picture of his "girlfriend."' I sigh. There it is again. What the hell is wrong with these reporters?
'But some think it's very possible his rumored girlfriend, Sophia Hart.' "Rumored?" I say out loud. I look around nervously hoping I didn't wake up Harry. I sigh and finish reading. 'But some think it's very possible his rumored girlfriend, Sophia Hart, is just another one of his what you could call conquests, considering the fact that Styles is indeed a womanizer. He's been rumored to be with several other women such as Caroline Flack, Camille Rowe, Taylor Swift and Kendall Jenner and that's not even the extent of the list. Harry has been known as a womanizer long since his early One Direction days.'
I feel my heart shatter as I read the words and shake my head. No wonder Harry was so upset last night. This is awful. They don't even know him and they're making terrible assumptions. I hear footsteps and turn around to see Harry.
"Hey babe. How did you sleep?" I ask and he shrugs. I shut off my phone and he shakes his head. "You don't have to hide it from me," He says and I sigh.
"I'm sorry... it's awful."
"Yeah but it comes with being famous," he says sitting down at a barstool in the kitchen. I pour him a cup of coffee and hand it to him. He takes a small sip and buries his face in his hands. "Do you want to call in sick? I'm sure Neal and Avery wouldn't care," I say and Harry shakes his head.
"I'm only going for about an hour and then I have meetings with Jeffrey all day," he says and I nod.
"How about we go and get some breakfast? I'll pay."
"Alright..'' He says with slight hesitation.
"Um and I can meet you back here tonight about six for dinner if you want?" I say and he nods.
"Yeah that would be great," Harry says and I smile. I go into his bedroom and change my clothes and grab my things. Harry throws on his Treat People With Kindness hoodie and tennis shoes and follows me outside to his car. He unlocks it and I take the keys from him. "I can drive,'' I offer and he hesitates before nodding.
"Uh thank you," He says and gets into the passenger seat. I look at him and sigh. How could I not notice that this was all affecting him just as much as it was affecting me? "Are you gonna get in the car?" Harry asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. I nod and start his car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I lock the car once we get out and I reach for Harry's hand. He slowly intertwines fingers with me and I smile. I pull him into the small bakery and over to the counter of treats. "What looks good?' I ask him looking from the pastries and then at him.
"You,'' he says with a smirk and I roll my eyes.
"Come on be serious."
"I am'' he says putting his hands on my hips. He smiles and leans in placing his lips on mine. The kiss is rough, but not too rough. He moves his hands to my back and pulls me closer to him. I pull away, my nose still pressed to his.
"Harry, we're in public" I whisper and he moves his head back a little so that I can see his eyes. "So what, I can't kiss you in public?'
"Of course you can."
"Then what's the problem?" he asks and I roll my eyes at him for the very fact that he's acting like he has no idea what I'm talking about.
"Oh don't play stupid, we can't do anything, ya know.."
"Sexual?' he says and i cant help but laugh at his bluntness.
"Yes,''
"Well who said we were going to?'' he asks tracing his hand along my hip.
"It sure seemed like it.'
"Just because I want to doesn't mean we will, especially if you didn't want to, and besides I don't do that shit in public, I like it to be more private."
"Yeah, yeah, I love that about you."
"So no, I'm not trying to have sex with you, but I will still kiss you if that's okay."
"Of course, now what looks good?"
"Want to get some muffins?'
"Absolutely, poppyseed right?" I ask, he nods and I smile." By the way I'm glad to see you're in a better mood." He nods again and I smile. One of the employees walks over to us and smiles at us. We tell them our order and I hand them my credit card. Harry grabs the food and hands them a little extra cash for a couple of water bottles.
He hands me my blueberry muffin and the water bottle and I start heading towards the door. "Wait!' he yells and I turn to look at him, he leans in and kisses me softly. The taste of his black coffee from this morning still lingering on his lips. He pulls away and I smile. "I love you," he whispers.
"I love you too," I say before walking outside with him. We start walking towards the car and a redhead in a black t-shirt. I give her a small friendly smile. "Get the hell away from him slut!" she says and my heart drops.
"Excuse me?"
"Stay away from harry, you slut," she says before walking into the bakery.
"What the fuck?" Harry yells. "Are you okay?'
"I will be, can we go?'
"No i'm gonna go talk to her she's not going to fucking treat you like that."
"No Harry, no."
"Sophia, please I can't just let that person disrespect you like that, I need to defend you and you need me to-"
"No what I need is for you to just comfort me! You need to fucking hold me cause otherwise I will fall apart!" I yell receiving a couple stares from people passing by.
"Okay," he says wrapping his arms tightly around me. He runs his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner. "I'm sorry," I hear him whisper but I don't say anything. I can't. "I'll be fine, can we just go?" I say after a few minutes and he nods.
"Do you still want to drive?"
"Please," I say and he smiles.
"It's not true."
I know, I'll be fine, let's just go okay?'
"Okay, I love you."
"Love you too," I say as we walk over to the car. Harry's demeanor quickly changes and I look at him with concern on my face. "Harry?"
"Hmm?'
"Are you okay?'
"Fine, are you?" he asks and I nod. "Alright let's go angel."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull up to the studio and park right between our two trailers. "Are you sure you wanna be here?"
"I won't be here long," Harry says and I grab his hand.
"I'm so sorry."
"Why are you apologizing?"
"I just feel like all this is my fault for convincing you to tell."
"Would you stop that? It's nobody's fault. People are gonna write what they wanna write and believe what they wanna believe, and if anything I should apologize to you." he says.
"I'm fine, really."
"Promise?"
"I promise," I say actually kind of meaning it. Maybe it wasn't hitting me fully yet or maybe it was just that I was more concerned about Harry, but I really wasn't as upset right now. "We should go." I nod and Harry lets go of my hand. "Hey can you give me back my keys?" He asks and I nod.
I shut off the car and hand him my keys. "Maybe you should just have someone drive you today babe."
"I can drive Sophia."
"I know but-"
"It's not like I'm drunk."
"Yeah you're right," I say and hand him his keys. "I love you Harry."
"Yeah love you too," he says and I lean forward. I give him a kiss on the cheek and then get out of the car. "What time are you supposed to leave?"
"By eleven," Harry says, getting out of his car.
"Want me to come bring you some lunch?"
"No it's fine I'll be with Jeffrey and we'll probably go grab food.."
"Oh okay," I say and we both stand there neither of us saying anything after that. "Have a good day babe." I say and he smiles a little.
"Thank you, you too," He says before walking into his trailer. I shake my head and sigh. I want nothing more than for him to be okay. For him to know this is not his fault. How could I have been so selfish that I didn't realize he was hurting too?
He literally put me before himself. He should have been able to tell me that he was upset. Unless of course it wasn't bothering him until yesterday, until Avery said something and then I said something. He wouldn't have ever looked up those articles if it wasn't for me. I take a deep breath before walking into my trailer to get ready.
Although if I'm being honest I don't want to be here anymore than Harry does. And I'm not gonna be able to focus on some damn movie when the man I love is upset. Especially since I can barely see him at all today. I sigh and plop myself down in the chair in front of the mirror. I just need to do my best to get it off of my mind and focus on the movie because I won't be able to help him anyway while he's meeting with Jeffrey.
My phone buzzes and I pull it out of my pocket. I check the caller ID and sigh. "Hey Karen."
"Sophia honey how is everything?"
"It's uh... I mean it's okay."
"Okay? Define okay?"
"Not good that's for sure," I say and she sighs.
"I've seen some of the articles and I've spoken to Jeffrey. He says he knew there would be a few people to say things like this but he didn't think things would end up being this bad."
"How bad is it exactly?"
"It's pretty bad Sophia how is Harry doing?"
"He's upset as expected and I feel shitty because he's been so great helping me through the entire situation and I was too selfish to notice he was being affected by all of this crap too."
"You're not selfish Sophia."
"I mean I kinda am."
"No, I don't want to hear that. This will all die down eventually," Karen says and I nod but truthfully I don't feel any better.
"I hope so."
"Trust me Sophia and until then we'll talk to Jeffrey and you and Harry just need to stick together," Karen says and I nod.
"I know." I say and pick at the cuticles on my fingers. There's a knock on my door and I look over at it. "Karen I have to go."
"Okay dear try to focus on the movie and don't let this ruin your relationship with Harry, things will eventually get better," she says and I sigh.
"Yeah we'll see," I say and hang up. I set down my phone and walk over to the door. I see Sage and Amanda standing on the steps leading up to the trailer and smile weakly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sit down in my chair and pull out my phone. 'You okay?' I text Harry and wait for a response. My phone buzzes and I sit up straight. 'Yeah'
'Are you really okay or are you lying to me?'
'I'm okay.'
'Okay want to meet for lunch?'
'Can't I'm busy..' Harry says and I sigh.
'Oh... okay. Love you'
'Love you too Sophia' he says and I sigh. Normally when he says he loves me it's followed by a cute little nickname and I know he's upset right now and he's busy but I just can't help but shake the feeling that he's not okay. And I feel like there's nothing I can do to make him feel better. 'Harry...'
'Yes?'
'I'm sorry'
'Please stop blaming yourself'
'I'll try'
'That's all I ask' he sends and I smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally finish filming for the day and go back to my trailer. I grab a makeup wipe out of the package and begin wiping off my makeup. I throw my hair up into a ponytail and change back into my regular clothes before running outside and jumping into my car. I set my phone down in the cup holder beside me and tap on the controls. I tap on Harry's contact and it begins ringing.
"Hello?"
"Are you home?"
"Just got home why?"
"I'm bringing you dinner," I say and he sighs. "Chinese or pizza?"
"I'm not that hungry.." he says and I nod.
"Okay so I'll just order a pizza then," I say.
"Okay."
"Okay" I say and there's silence on the other end. "Uh I love you."
"Um, I gotta go. I'll see you soon," he says and I sigh. I hang up and pull my phone out of the cup holder. That was the most tension filled conversation we've had in a long time. I dial the pizza place and order a half pepperoni and half cheese. I give them Harry's address and drive to his house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull up to Harry's house and see Jeffrey driving away as I do. Wonder why he was here. I get out of the car and run inside.
*
"Harry? Babe?"
"In here," Harry calls. I walk into the living room and see him sitting on the couch holding a beer bottle. "Hey how was your day?" I say sitting down beside him.
"Fine."
"Uh well how were your meetings with Jeffrey?"
"He's uh gonna try to kill as many of the stories as possible but he said they should die down within the next two weeks, but it doesn't really matter because he can't guarantee the stories will be killed or that things will get better soon. It could be another god knows how long of this."
"Well that's okay-"
"No it's not okay" Harry says, raising his voice a little.
"Okay calm down babe."
"It's so messed up they don't even know the truth! They don't even wanna know the truth!"
"I know it's not fair but-"
"Yeah I've been with quite a few women but that's nobody's business and I haven't been with every single woman the media has tried to put me with. There are two sides to every story but they just don't wanna hear mine."
"Hey look at me, I love you okay?"
"Why?"
"What the hell do you mean why?"
"Why love a womanizer?" He says before taking a swig of beer.
"Cause that is not who you are!"
"Please, what do you know? Even you believed it at one point!" he says slamming the beer bottle down onto the table and standing up.
"Come on that's not fair!"
"Fair? Fair? You wanna talk about fair? I've been called a man whore! A womanizer! That's not fair!"
"Harry please listen to me okay? You are such a great guy. And yeah I believed the rumors at first but Harry I've seen the real you!"
"It doesn't matter," he says shaking his head
"What?"
"It doesn't matter, okay? We can't be together. I can't continue to see you hurt and I wanna shut down these labels but I can't like this," Harry says standing up. I bite my lip and stand up. "So what exactly are you saying?"
"That maybe for right now we have to do what's best for us... and I don't think that it's this."
"Wait so you're breaking up with me?"
"Just temporarily."
"Wow..." I say, my eyes beginning to fill with tears.
"I'm sorry but this is just the best thing right now," Harry says and I shake my head. I grab my keys and phone off the couch and race out the door. I drive home as fast as I can trying not to cry because I need to be able to see what I'm doing while I drive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once I make it home I look around my eyes begin to fill with tears and I try my best to steady my breathing. My mind wanders off to another memory, the night Chris broke up with me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sit on the couch and fiddle with my ring. "Baby there's something you should know..." Chris says and I sit up straight.
"What is it?"
"I uh so you know things haven't been that great between us lately.."
"Yeah?"
"Well I cheated on you."
"I'm sorry you... what?"
"I ch-"
"I don't need you to repeat yourself Chris! You're joking right? Cause I mean you love me and you would never hurt me like that. Right? It's just a sick joke isn't it?"
"Sophia-"
"Oh my god! Adam and Claire and Morgan and everybody else... they were right about you!"
"Sophia."
"So you just got drunk and made a mistake, right?"
"Sophia! Let me talk!" He says and I feel my heartbeat quicken. "I cheated and I'm sorry because you don't deserve that but the truth is maybe I'm just not happy anymore.."
"So what you're gonna cheat and then break up with me?" I ask and he nods. "But I don't understand, am I just not enough for you?"
"Come on Sophia we both knew it wasn't gonna work out."
"No we didn't. I love you and I thought you loved me too!" I say tears threatening to spill.
"I did but I guess at one point I fell out of love."
"Please Chris I don't want to end things especially not like this, and I still love you."
"Sophia come on," he says and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. He wipes it and I shake my head. "How can you do this?"
"I'm just not happy Sophia."
"So what you've just been faking it for god knows how long?"
"Look, part of me will always love you and I'll always care about you but after I cheated on you I realized this isn't what I want. I used to want this but I need something new."
"You mean someone new. You're awful. I would never cheat on you and I would never break your heart right after.. in fact I should be the one breaking up with you after how shitty you've been the past few months!"
"Goodbye Sophia," Chris says and I shake my head. He walks outside and I hear the door shut loudly behind him. I run into my bedroom and throw myself onto the bed. I look up at my windowsill and see the vase full of the flowers he had bought me just a few days before. I grab the vase and throw it on the ground.
It shatters into a thousand pieces and the flowers hit my bedroom floor. I grab a pillow off of the bed and scream into it. "Soph..." Claire says walking into my bedroom. She looks around at the flowers and glass all over the floor and then over at me. She walks around the broken glass and sits down on the bed.
She pulls me into her arms for a hug and I sob.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I snap out of the memory and look around at my apartment. I hear a sob escape my mouth and feel the tears run down my cheeks. The last time I felt like this was a little over a year ago. My heart drops to my stomach and I slump down to the floor. "Soph, are you home? What the hell is that noise?" Claire says as she walks out of her bedroom. "Sophia?"
"He broke up with me..." I say and Claire sits down beside me. "He broke up with me." I sob and bury my face in Claire's shoulder.
"Shh." She says and hugs me tight.

\\ yeah uh sorry I love y'all