Chapter Seven

//Harry's pov//

I unlock the door to my house and walk inside. "Hey. Harry can I talk to you?" Gemma asks and I set the keys down.

"About?"

"Sophia?"

"What about her?" I ask as I turn on the kitchen light. I grab the leftover pizza out of the fridge and put a couple of slices on a paper plate. "Do you like her?"

"Yeah. She's great," I say putting the food in the microwave. I press the buttons on the microwave and turn around. "Harry. I'm serious," Gemma says crossing her arms.

"I am too."

"Okay maybe I need to be a little more clear. I don't mean as a friend I mean as more than that. Like do you think she's cute and do you have feelings for her?"

"What? Gemma? Why would you ask that?"

"I see the way you look at her."

"I don't know what you mean," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Come on Harry."

"What the hell are you talking about Gemma? How do I look at her?"

"Like she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. And like... it's hard to explain you just have that look you get."

"Okay. Well I don't know what look you're referring to," I say as the microwave goes off. I open the microwave and Gemma slams it shut. "Gemma!"

"Harry we need to have this conversation okay?"

"Look she's sweet but-"

"Look you may not even have your feelings figured out. But for her sake I think you need to figure them out and quickly."

"I don't need to figure out anything! We're just friends!"

"Harry... friends don't look at each other the way you look at her. And they don't remember little things like you do."

"That's just who I am?"

"Please you don't remember my coffee order! You notice when she's sad! You've been finding any and every excuse to spend time with her-" Gemma says crossing her arms.

"First off we're friends of course I want to spend time with her. It doesn't mean anything! And second, I just have a good memory. Plus tell me that you couldn't see she was upset after that conversation with her mum!"

"Whatever Harry," She says and walks towards the guest room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling unable to stop thinking about what Gemma said. I grab my phone off the nightstand and begin typing. 'Sophia' I type and wait for a response.

'Harry?'

'I hope I'm not waking you"

'You're not. What's up?'

'Couldn't sleep'

'I'm sorry'

It's quite alright. I've just got a lot on my mind'

'I'm sorry' she says and I sigh.

'Not your fault'

'Still sorry. Do you want to talk about it?'

'Not really'

'Okay'

'Do you want to meet for coffee tomorrow, just me and you?' I type but I don't hit send. I think about what Gemma said and sigh. I'm not making it seem like I have feelings for her. She's my friend. Besides, Sophia knows the exact reason why I've been wanting to spend time with her. I erase the message and type up a new one.
'Do you wanna meet for coffee before we film tomorrow?' I ask and wait for a response.