Chapter Twenty Four

\\Sophia's Pov\\
I lay on Harry's couch with him and watch the movie. His phone buzzes and he sighs. He pulls it out of his pocket and I reposition myself. "Jeffrey said he thinks our plan may work," Harry says and I smile.
"Is it gonna be weird for you? You know being more public?" I ask and he shrugs.
"It won't be much different. There's always rumors, always stories. Only now people are going to be in our business," he sighs.
"I'm sorry.."
"For what darling?"
"For making you tell people."
"You don't need to apologize to me my love. I love you so much. It's going to be different but that doesn't mean it's going to be worse," Harry says and I nod.
"I love you too," I say and smile. My phone buzzes a few times and I pick it up off the cushion beside me. 'So it's official??' Gemma says and I laugh. I show Harry the text and he shakes his head. "Gemma is really great," I say and Harry shrugs.
"She's okay," he says and I roll my eyes. I read through the other text messages. 'I saw the post on Harry's Instagram! Good luck and I'm glad you're happy!' Avery's message to me reads.
'What is this? Is this a picture of you on Harry's Instagram??' Addison says and I laugh. "It certainly looks like Addison is excited," Harry says looking over my shoulder and I nod.
'My older sister and her bf are official' Kenzie's text reads.
'AHH! So happy for you!' Claire says and I smile.
"This is good," I say and Harry nods.
"I'm kinda gonna miss sneaking around though."
"Yeah that was kinda fun," I say and lay my head on him. I hold my phone up and nudge Harry. "Take a picture with me," I say and he shakes his head but pulls me back towards him. He kisses me on the cheek and I take our picture. "Cute. I'm putting it on my story," I say and he smiles.
"Now be quiet and watch the movie," he says and I roll my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After eating dinner and finishing our movie I sit on the couch with a half asleep Harry. I open my phone and go over to my dm's. I see I have a ton of requests and go over to them. 'You're just using Harry for his fame' one says. I feel my heart start to quicken and shake my head. "Hey babe I'm heading home," I say and he sits up.
"What why?"
"Because I'm tired and I haven't slept in my own bed in a while."
"Sophia. Please stay with me."
"Harry I really need to go home," I say and he sighs. I stand up and he reaches for my hand.
"Okay beautiful. I love you," He says standing up. He leans in to kiss me and I back up. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod.
"I'm just tired and I want to get home before midnight."
"I love you Sophia," Harry says wrapping his arms around me. I take a deep breath and let go of him. "Goodnight Harry," I say and rush out the door. I get into my car and take a deep breath. It's just some stupid message it shouldn't bother me.
I squeeze my eyes shut to try and stop the tears from falling. I take a deep breath and begin driving to my apartment. I run inside and straight to my bedroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up the next morning and sigh. I take my phone off of my nightstand and slide out of bed. 'Good morning beautiful. Would you like some coffee?' A sweet text from Harry says. I smile as I text him back a yes and walk over to my closet. I change into a comfy hoodie and jean shorts and grab my sunglasses off of my desk.
I put them on and throw my hair into a messy bun. I look and feel like shit because I barely slept last night. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for us to tell the world.. but maybe it was because at least this way there's no drama in the media, least not currently speaking. I put on some socks with corgis on them and pick my converse up off of the floor. I sit down on my bed and put on my shoes and sigh.
I don't even want to go to work today, I just want to stay in bed and sleep.I grab my keys, charger and wallet before walking out of my room. "Good morning," Claire says. I wave at her and she sits up straight. "So how was England?"
"It was good."
"I see you and Harry made up," Claire says waving her phone. I nod and she smiles. "Not only that but you also told the world about you two."
"Mmhm"
"Are you excited that it's out there now?"
"Yeah.." I say my voice cracking.
"Sophia what's going on?"
"I thought I would be happier once it was out there, I mean not that I wasn't happy before, but I still just thought I would be happy not having to sneak around..."
"You're not happy that it's out in the open?"
"I was until this," I say and show Claire the comments and messages.
"Sophia Paige... why on earth are you letting these random people ruin things for you?" Claire asks and I shrug.
"Because I'm not just with him for his fame.. I'm not using him and I don't want people to think that."
"You can't control what people think though, Soph."
"I know," I say and sit down beside Claire on the couch.
"Besides what about the supportive people... like see this 'she's so pretty! I'm so happy for you!' Or 'you and Harry are such a cute couple!' What about those people don't they matter?"
"Yeah but I mean..."
"Okay but all of your friends and family are being so supportive and you have to just ignore the negative people."
"Easier said than done, Claire."
"Maybe you should talk to Harry about this."
"No it was my idea to tell people and-"
"I don't know what else to tell you Soph," Claire says and I sigh.
"I gotta go. I don't want to get yelled at for being late.."
"Just consider talking to Harry please," Claire says handing me back my phone and I sigh. I run outside to my car and look at my phone sitting in the cup holder. I just need to get it all off of my mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull up to the lot and see Harry holding an iced latte. "Thank you," I say as he hands it to me.
"How'd you sleep?" Harry asks as I push my sunglasses up into my hair.
"Oh um pretty good."
"Is that why you have bags under your eyes?" Harry asks and I reach up to touch my eyes.
"I'm probably just still jet lagged."
"Yeah I'm sure that's it," Harry says and I sigh. Could he tell I was lying? "So where are we going for lunch today?" I ask in an attempt to change the subject.
"Oh I'm sorry angel I have to go over to the venue for the charity event to check things out. Why don't you see if Eleanor wants to go to lunch with you?"
"Because she'll say no because she barely knows me," I say and Harry shrugs.
"Just ask. Or I'll ask for you."
"I don't need my boyfriend's help to make plans with people," I say and Harry shrugs. He runs his fingers through my hair and smiles. "You're so beautiful," Harry says and I blush.
"Why thank you Mr Styles," I say and he leans forward to kiss me. "I gotta go get ready." I back up and he looks at me confused. "Uh okay," He says and I run into my trailer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ugh take five, people," Neal says and Avery runs over to me.
"Hey," she says with a big smile plastered on her face.
"Um hi?"
"I saw on Instagram that you and Harry told people, y'all are so cute together."
"Oh um thank you," I say and she nods. I look around nervously not wanting to talk anymore about this right now. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah.."
"Sophia... you're a good actress but not that good."
"Ouch."
"What is it?"
"I don't really wanna talk about it okay?"
"Well here's my suggestion go over to your boyfriend and be in his arms it may help,"
"Yeah thanks.." I say and she nods.
"Oh by the way I have today's schedule," Avery says and hands me a piece of paper.
"Thank you," I say and she runs off to fix any and every situation. I look over at Harry who is talking to the lighting guys and sigh as a million thoughts both old and new begin to overwhelm me again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch comes around and I head over to the restaurant to meet Eleanor. I see her standing by the door when I pull up. "Sophia, hey."
"Hey." I say and she comes up to me. She holds her arms out for a hig and I smile. "How did you like London?"
"Oh it was great, Cheshire too," I say and she smiles. We walk inside and sit down at a table in the back. "I saw the pictures on social media, I'm glad you and Harry have finally told people."
"Yeah."
"But you're not?"
"I didn't say that," I say and she shrugs.
"I know but I can tell from the tone of your voice that you're not happy."
"No I am but it's just...."
"Now you've started to receive a bit of hate?"
"Yes! Oh my god how did you know?"
"I've been where you are, and I still get hate pretty often but you just have to ignore it and focus on the positive and the people you love," she shrugs and I nod.
"It's just so hard," I say and she nods.
"I know. But you can't let the negativity consume you," she says and I sigh.
"My best friend Claire thinks I should talk to Harry."
"Maybe you should. It could only help."
"I don't know."
"Harry's so understanding and he's dealt with these problems for years he could probably help you handle it better."
"Yeah maybe," I say and lean back  in my chair.
"I won't tell you what to do, especially since if you're as stubborn as Harry you won't listen anyway, but I really think you need to talk to him," Eleanor says and I sigh. Eleanor and Claire were both right, Harry has been through all of this before, and talking to him really couldn't hurt anything. But then again I feel like I can't approach him with this. After all I am the main reason we're where we are now. I had a lot to think about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read the messages and comments and sigh. The door opens and I turn to see Harry. "Hey I've been looking all over for you what are you doing?" he says giving me a small smile
"I'm finished so I was about to take my hair down and wipe off my makeup," I say and he nods.
"Do you wanna go grab some dinner?"
"I'm spending the evening with Claire."
"Sophia what's going on? You've been acting weird all day."
"What? No I haven't," I say and he nods.
"Yes you have. Maybe you just don't realize it, but you definitely are acting weird. Actually you started last night while we were watching the movie."
"I'm just tired."
"Bullshit!"
"Excuse me?"
"What's really going on with you?"
"I already told you Harry-"
"Yeah you told me but it wasn't the truth," he says and I sigh.
"I don't know what you want me to say," I say and he takes my hands in his.
"Be honest with me."
"I am being honest Harry," I say and he sighs.
"I just don't believe you."
"Then that's on you Harry!" I let go of his hands and bite my lip. "I'm tired. I don't feel well, and I have barely spent any time with my best friend. So I'm going home and I'll see you in the morning."
"Alright,'' he says, not making eye contact with me. Harry kisses me on the forehead and walks back over to the door. "Goodnight Sophia. I love you," He says and I sigh. He waits for a moment before walking out of the trailer. I groan and push a strand of hair out of my face.
I knew he was just worried about me and that I should be happy cause it would make telling him easier, but this was my problem, not his.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I arrive home about half an hour later and throw myself onto the couch. "Yes ma'am. Glad I could help," Claire says and I sigh loudly. "Talk to you later." Claire hangs up and leans over the couch to look at me. "Aww what's wrong?"
"It was a long day and I'm tired and I feel sick."
"Hmm..."
"What the hell do you mean hmm?"
"I don't believe you," Claire says and I roll my eyes.
"What the hell do you people want? For me to take a damn lie detector test?"
"Well... come on Soph you can't lie to me, I'm your best friend," Claire says and I sigh. I look down and shake my head. I feel my heartbeat quicken and before I know it the tears are pouring down. "I thought I could just ignore it but I can't..." I say and Claire hugs me.
"I'm guessing that means you didn't talk to Harry?" She asks and I shake my head.
"I don't want him to know and I ended up lying," I say and Claire sighs.
"Soph-"
"I know you don't need to say it I already know."
"Why wouldn't you talk to him?"
"If I'm being honest it's really shitty of me to tell him I'm hurting and that the comments are making me upset when I told him so many times we needed to tell people about us.."
"It's called being human Sophia... he won't care," Claire says and I nod. "Why don't I go order us a pizza and we can watch Mean Girls, and Clueless, and anything else you want to watch?"
"Yeah that would be good."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About an hour later there's a knock on the door. "Pizza guy?" I ask and Claire shrugs. She gets up and walks over to the door. "Soph..." Claire says but I don't look away from the tv.
"Hey angel," Harry says and I turn around.
"What are you doing here Harry?"
"We need to talk."
"No we don't."
"Sophia.... come on you need to talk to him."
"Why?"
"Don't play dumb and don't lie either," Claire says and I open my mouth to speak but she gives me a look. "I'll leave you two alone."
"I know you lied to me... I just don't know why."
"I-I didn't."
"Come on Sophia you're lying right now... you're not just tired and stressed are you?"
"Harry..."
"Damn it Sophia!"
"No I'm not! Okay? It was a lie! Are you happy now?"
"No I'm not. Why did you lie?"
"I don't wanna talk about it Harry."
"Well I'm not leaving until you tell me what's really going on."
"Then you'll be here a while," I say and he sighs. I stick my hands in the sleeves of my hoodie and Harry shakes his head. "So what, you were pissed when I lied about Kendall but you're not even gonna tell me what has you so upset or why you lied about it?"
"Stop Harry. I'm not gonna do this."
"Yes you are! If you're hurting or going through something you're supposed to tell me so I can help you!"
"Harry I don't wanna talk about it... especially not with you. How did you even know I lied?"
"Call it a hunch... or maybe two little birdies told me."
"Two little... Wait, Claire and Eleanor?" I say and he shrugs.
"Even if no one had said something I could tell.." he says and I sigh. "Look whatever it is you can tell me I love you so much and I don't want to see you upset or hurting."
"Last night after we posted the pictures and told people about us... I started getting hate... and I know it's stupid and I know I should ignore it but I just can't!" I say tears now rolling down my cheeks.
"Sophia... why didn't you tell me?"
"I wanted people to know, so I'm to blame for all of this."
"No you're no.t"
"I honestly thought I could ignore it but when they said that I was just with you because of your fame and that I was a slut and this and that I just couldn't forget about it," I say and Harry sighs.
"You should've told me and I could've helped you through it... and from now on that's what we're gonna do... get through this together," Harry says pulling me towards him. I lay my head on his chest and sigh. "I'm so sorry," I say softly and almost under my breath.
"Shh... there's no need to apologize just don't lie to me again."
My mind wanders off to another place, or to another time a little over a year ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watch as my boyfriend, Chris, gets out of his car and walks up towards the house with his friends. "Oh Sophia's here," I hear a voice say.
"Soph, hey what are you doing here?
"Came to see you,'' I say and Chris smiles. He hugs me and I clear my throat. "How was guys night?"
"It was good... wait what?"
"Please I saw you in all the pictures on Isaac's Instagram. I'm sure there's a really good reason why you lied to me and I'd love to hear it Chris."
"I forgot I made plans with the guys and I felt shitty canceling on you so I told you I had to work late."
"Why didn't you just cancel your plans with the guys or tell me the goddamn truth Chris?"
"I'm sorry baby."
"Ya know it would be easier to forgive you if this were the first time you'd lied to me but it isn't and I can't keep staying in every time you don't feel like following through with our plans!"
"I'm sorry baby!"
"Whatever. I'm going home..."
"Wait," Chris says as he grabs my wrist.
"Let go of me!"
"Sophia baby listen," he says, his grip on my wrist tightening a little.
"Let go of me Chris I'm serious," I say trying to wiggle out of his grasp.
"Just listen to me," his grip on me not loosening one bit.
"Let go of me!" I yell and he finally does.
"I'm so sorry Sophia. You're right I shouldn't lie because I love you."
"Then why are you being so distant? Why do you keep lying?"
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't, I just don't want to hurt your feelings and to be honest I've been so stressed but I promise you I will do better. I love you"
"I love you too," I say and he pulls me close to his chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I snap out of the flashback and wipe the tears off my cheeks. "I won't, I promise," I say holding onto Harry tight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up the next morning in Harry's arms and smile. I wiggle out of his grasp and go into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. "You're up early," Claire says and I nod. "Um so you're not mad that I called him are you?"
"I was... but I'm not anymore... I can't get through this on my own and he knows how to handle it and I can get through it with his help."
"Proud of you Soph,"
"Evidently you weren't the only one who was worried about me. Eleanor was too, and Harry could tell something was wrong and that I was lying to him before I left the set, and I don't know how he knew but he knew something wasn't right" I say and Claire smiles.
"He's a keeper then."
"Yeah.." I say and look back at my bedroom door with the biggest smile on my face.