Uncle Sev

He moved to the side to allow her to enter. He didn't talk but instead locked the door and poured tea from the fresh pot a house elf brought not even five minutes ago. She slowly slid the cloak off and placed it over her arm.
"Miss. Potter, what seems to be the problem?" She shakily handed over the letter. She waited with a baited breath as he carefully took it from her hand. His own breath hitched at the writing, it was Lilly's
"How?" He gasped.
"I had their wills unsealed. In moms they named you my second Godfather. The letter, I hope, will explain more." It was barely above a whisper but he heard every word. She waited quietly as he read, emotions flashed across the usual stoic mans face.
"I will not treat you differently in class. But should you need anything my door is always open to you unless it is locked." She picked up her thing she was happy to not be outright rejected.
"Thank you...Uncle Sev." She quickly rushes from the room so he wouldn't scold her. Unknown to her a small smile graced his lips for the first time in a long time. The last person to call him sev had been her mother.

As she made her way back towards her room, her face still slightly red. She ran into none other then the forth champion Fleur Delacour.
"Ar you alright Miss Potter?" She seemed concerned. New tears started to well up in Evie's eyes.
"I don't really know." She tried to rub the tears from her eyes.
Fleur took a good look at the girl and realized that she was just like her once...alone. She placed her small hand on the younger girls shoulder. "Come vith me, ve can y'all in my rooms." She gave a soft smile. Evie returned it with a slightly teary one.
Fleur led the way to the Baeuxbatonts  carriage, then to her room. A personal eff brought them hot chocolate and ice cream. The two girl sat in silence until Evie broke it.
"What are your parents like?" It was a question Fleur wasn't expecting.
"Mama is very strict but kind, she only wants to protect my sister and I. Papa is also kind, Vorks for our ministry, very high up. Vhy do you ask?" The older girl tilted her head.
"I've never known my parents, and I am not close with my aunt. Because of this tournament my friends have all abandoned me." She shoved another spoon full of chocolate ice cream in her mouth.
Unknowingly Fleur slipped into French, it was pure luck that Evie applied the translation spell every morning.
"I was not liked as a young girl. Due to my Veela heritage, I attracted boys unwillingly. It took me a long time to figure out how to control it. But by then the girls did not like me because the boys stopped paying attention to them when I walked in."
Evie nodded in understanding.  "Some of my problems will be solved soon. But I have some knew ones that I don't know how to deal with." Fleur gave her a look that said go on. "It seems that Viktor and Cedric both seem to like me." Fleur giggled as Evie fell back onto the bed.
"Tell me more! What did they do?" The French witch seemed excited.
"They both asked me on a date. At the same time. While glaring at each other." She groaned and placed a pillow over her head.
"That wasn't very nice of them. They should have at least done it separately and given you a gift." Fleur said frustrated.
"I don't know the first thing about dating...or boys..or even girly stuff. How do you get your hair so shiny?" Light literally bounced off the blonde girls hair.
Fleur laughed. "I use this special oil, it helps with frizzy hair, here let me show you."
The next several hour were spent, talking about their schools, boys, and things that Evie could have learned from a mother or older sister. As she left before diner a new bond had been formed a new sisterly bond, one that neither of them knew they needed.
But now it was time to finish preparing for the first task. She had a calming draught to prepare and meat to lace with it. After the very large batch of potion was finished a trip to the kitchens was in order to get the raw meat. She was met with the enthusiastic house elves. Dobby was one elf who was very happy to see her.
"Oh Misses Evie Potter is here, Dobby be very glads to sees you's!"
She knelt down to his height. "It's nice to see you too Dobby. I need some help though, do you think you can help me." The excited elf nodded. "Excellent, I need about 20 pound of raw meat. Chicken beef, or pork it doesn't matter."
"Does misses Potter needs Dobby to be cooking the meat." He asked.
"No thank you I need it raw to soak up the potion I'm going to be using. For the best results it needs to soak for one full day at least."
The elves shared looks. Dobby however was the only one brave enough to ask the question. "Yous not be messin round with love potions?"
She gave a little chuckle. "No, not love potions. I'm soaking the meat in a calming draught for the tournament. Thought it might help my chances a bit."
"I'm that case elves can be helping Misses Potter today!"
"Thank you all for your help!" She then have Dobby instructions on what to do with the meat before the first task.
As she laid in her bed that night she sighed 'only one more day to go.'