Freedom from the mediwitch

The snow had fallen heavily over the grounds of Hogwarts. Evie sighed as she looked out the window. Winter was her favorite season of the year. Mostly because she didn't have to worry about flowers and working in the garden during the winter. But the snow always seemed to refresh everything, at least to her. She only had one more day left before she was cleared to leave the hospital wing, then she could enjoy the snow. However she had other things that were more important then playing on the snow.
One week left until the Yule Ball and she really couldn't wait. She was proud of her dress and couldn't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces.
Ron Weasley and Hermione were still in custody. The trial was arranged for after the first of the new year. Her lawyers were pressing for the maximum punishment. As her mother said give no quarter. The two traitors would receive no mercy from her. They had known exactly what would happen if those flowers touched her. A scowl decorated her face at the thought of her former friends.

Finally she was cleared and while Madame Pomfrey told her to take thing easy, that was a luxury she didn't have. But if everything went even slightly right then there would be many things she had never had before. Doors were opening and she would be damned if she let them close without a fight.
She dressed in her school robes and marched her way down to the hall. Everyone turned to look as she entered the hall. But she ignored them all and instead focused on the staff table. She held her head high as she walked towards the teachers.
"I demand a resorting." Her voice echoed around the hall. Clanks of silverware were heard as well as gasps. Dumbledore started choking on his food and Mcgonagall hit him on the back. It took a bit but he composed himself and trained his not so twinkling eyes on her.
"Would you mind repeating that, Miss Potter." He tried to do his best grandfathererly voice.
"I said I demand to be resorted." Her eyes connected with each of the four heads of houses. "Per Hogwarts by laws if a student does not feel safe in their house a resorting can be administered. Forgive me if I'm wrong but two members of Gryffindor did just try to kill me by way of proxy. I do not feel safe in my dorm, should they somehow be able to get off the charges then how exactly can you expect me to sleep in the same dorm room as one of them."
Nobody could fail to see the logic in her statement. Dumbledore however looked to have sucked on a sour candy.
"I believe we should take this to my office my dear." The old man started to stand up.
"So let me get this straight, you want me a young female witch to go with you into your office alone?" Her features screamed horrified. "I'm not going anywhere alone with you. I've demanded my resorting, and there is nothing you can do to deny me that right."
Sprout Narrowed her eyes at the headmaster. She couldn't believe he had wanted to take a young girl to his office alone. She swore the old man must be losing it.
"Miss Potter is indeed correct. Her demands are reasonable." The head of Hufflepuff spoke up. The castle seemed to agree as the sorting hat appeared on the table. Without missing a beat Evie grabbed the hat before Dumbledore could object and placed it upon her head.
"I'm ready to go where I belong." She spoke.
"Better be Slytherin!" The hat yelled. She smirked as she placed the hat back infront of the headmaster.
"Your move headmaster." She whispered to herself. They were playing a game of chess, unlike on Dumbledore's side where she was just a pawn. On hers she was the queen and the king. She had all the power but she also needed to keep herself safe.
Mcgongall looked as if she was about to have a stroke as the red and gold on her clothes turned to silver.
"If you will excuse me, I have a dorm to settle into." She made her way to the Slytherin table. She stopped behind Draco and the other forth years.
"If you are done eating cousin, I could use someone who can show me the way to my new rooms." This was a side of her none had seem before. The powerful heiress that she wanted Dumbledore to fear.
"I believe we can escort you, cousin." He acknowledged their familial connection. Greengrass, Davis and Parkinson also got up to go as a group. They wanted answers. As the exited the great hall Evie had to grab onto Draco for support.
"Sorry about that." He tried his best to steady her. "My legs are still a little weak. The adrenaline is also wearing off." She gave a dry chuckle.
"What was that back there?" Pansy asked.
"In the safety of the common room." She hissed quietly. As they got closer, she could feel the magic welcoming her. To their shock the common room opened without the password. Draco sat her on a high backed chair infront of the fire. It didn't take long for the rest of the Slytherin house to join them.
"You better start explaining Potter." A seventh year tried to order her.
"I suggest you don't try to order me around Pucey, I have a problem with people who think they can control me." Her emerald eyes zeroed in on the idiot seventh year. "I know exactly what goes on in this house. Don't even think for a minute I will listen to any of you." Her voice held a dangerous edge that made several want to take a step back.
"Now I suggest you all take a seat as I have information you all need if you want to survive the next 10 years." The first threw third years sat on the ground and everyone else had transfigured chairs. "Many of you will call me a liar in the next few minutes, but do remember to keep a semblance of an open mind." She looked over everyone and noticed Snape in the back watching. "The time of the founders was a difficult time period to live in. Witches and wizards were hunted and killed for being able to do magic. Trying to protect the future generations Godric, Rowena, Helga and Salazar banded together to create a safe haven. A school where they could teach the young witches and wizards to control their power. The school they had started was in a small home. But with every student they took they risked discovery by the muggles. So they tried to find a large enough place for them to continue to peruse their dream. A older wizard from the clan Potter had heard of their ideas and let them use his summer castle." She saw some people come to realize just what she was talking about. She continued. "Generations passed and the school was still flourishing. The lord of clan Potter's grandson married the youngest daughter of Rowena and Godric. As the founders got older the times changed. They had been running the school for almost 150 years. Witch hunts had stopped but Salazar was fearful they would start again. He built his secret chamber to protect the school invade the muggles had somehow found them and then he started becoming paranoid, his lectures became nothing more then the rambling of a mad man. It was during this time he had his famous fight with Godric. Salazar had two different frames of mind, he wanted to take the muggleborn a from their families and have them raised by pure blooded families, he also thought that the muggleborn parents a would betray their children one day and lead the magic haters to the castle. They fought until Salazars heart gave out and he collapsed in the great hall." She summoned a house elf to bring veryone a hot chocolate, they were going to like what came next.
"So slytherin didn't hate muggleborn sand say they should be wiped out?" A first year asked.
"No, he didn't. That is one of the main problems with history, if you say something enough times everyone starts to believe it, it doesn't however make it true." Several people nodded. "How do you know this?" A sixth year by the name Alexia Moon asked.
"I have their journals of course. But that will be explained soon." She took a drink before starting again. "Now not many people know this but Salazar had three children, a son and two daughters. All three married and had their own families. The youngest daughters line ended as what was known 70 years ago as the Gaunt Family. The middle daughters family died out in a war and the oldest sons family eventually became a squib line." Several people sucked in their breaths at that. "Now the Gaunt line was technically still around up until about 13 years ago. The family however only had three members for the better part of two decades. It consisted of a father, Marvolo, the son Morfin, and a daughter Mereope Gaunt. Mereope was not like her father and brother, she did not care for their views on blood status and would often stare at a handsome muggle born from the area in which they lived. Knowing of, in their opinions, Mereope's affections for the boy her father and brother attacked him. They were then thrown into Azkaban. While not a powerful witch in the slightest Mereope was quite adapt at potions, and with the sudden freedom from her brother and father she portioned the boy she had fallen in love with. Their union mistified everyone. No one could explain why a young handsome and rich man would set his affections so suddenly on a poor and not all that pretty young woman. It wasn't long before they were married and Mereope found herself to be pregnant. Feeling that her husband would have grown to love her and would stay for their child she quit giving him his potions. Needless to say he was not happy and left her. Mereope heartbroken and scared she gathered up what money and family heirlooms her family had left and ran. She later ended up giving birth at a muggle orphanage and then dying leaving her son alone in the world. He grew up into the monster we know today as the dark lord." She sighed. "Now for the sons family. After six generations of squibs the many great grandaughter of Salazar married a man who was the descendent of Helgas Oldest son. When he married and had a daughter of his own she was a witch. That witch went on to marry none other then the last descendent of Godric and Rowena one James Potter." She took another drink as she let them connect the dots. "Are there any questions?"
"This isn't possible. None of that can be true. How?" It was Knott that spoke what they were thinking.
"I had the goblin to a complete family tree. It is unknown to many but I am the first female Potter to ever be born in ten generations."
"But the dark lord..." Draco started.
"He's a halfblood. He may be powerful but he's unstable mentally. He would sooner torture you for failing a simple task then forgive you. I won't pretend I know what your families have gone through in his service but the ideas he fights for will get you all either killed or in Azkaban. Do you want to be like that? To kill and torture innocent people. The tradition that had been going on in this house wasn't always like this. Salazar set up a set of rules for his students. He would never wish to see any of you act the way you have been in recent years. We all have a chance to be better then our parents generation. To be leaders in our own right and inspire future generations." She stood up and placed her cup on the table. "I'm not asking you to decide tonight or anytime soon, but the dark lord will be back and when he is the first people he will hurt are the death eaters that aren't in Azkaban. He would take excuses he doesn't have a heart to care. He will kill and torture them. It that's not the way you want to live, I will happily talk over your options." With that she headed to the wall and whispered in parseltongue. A door appeared and then disappeared as she entered.
"Professor Snape is everything she said true?" Daphne asked the dark clothed man standing in the back.
"I'm afraid she is correct. At the end of the last war more death eaters were killed by the dark lord then they were by Aurors. But I suggest you all get to bed it's getting late."