Swimming lesson

Grammar corrected.

January went by quickly, with a busy schedule of classes, removing the dark marks from parents, trying to figure out the egg and finally trying to navigate whatever was happening between her, Cedric and Viktor. But that was a whole other situation that she didn't want to think of at the moment.
Another important event happen in January. The trials of Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. That went about how she expected, Dumbledore stuck his neck out for them and got them off with a slap on the wrist. Hermione and Ronald were given detention for the rest of the year, they were both banned from holding any position of power, prefect, head girl, head Boy or quidditch captain. For the next year they would also be on probation, even a toe out of line would see them expelled and their wand snapped.
She would have preferred if they had been expelled, but since her change in houses she didn't see them all that much. The times she did they sat by themselves and the rest of the school shunned them.
She thought it was poetic justice, but she wasn't done with them yet.
Several of the Slytherins shared worried looks as the smirk came across her face.
A two weeks before the second task Cedric gave her the answer to the egg. It was just like Dumbledore to put a task at the bottom of the lake where no one could watch. Now all she had to sort of worry about was who the old fool would pick as her hostage. She didn't believe for a single second that the man wasn't going to use students. What really worried her was Fleur, as a Veela she was incredibly vulnerable in the water. Then there was herself, she didn't even know how to swim.
She knew she would have to ask someone for help, but she just didn't know who. Maybe she could just ask those in the common room. She bit her lip as she joined the others. The Slytherin house noticed her door open but they waited for her to speak. They seemed shocked that the girl before them seemed nervous.
"I um, I need some help.." she seemed to gather as she spoke next. "Could someone teach me how to skim?" It was mumbled and no one could really hear what exactly what she said.
"Potter can you say that again?" Daphne Greengrass spoke up.
"Could someone teach me how to swim?" This time her voice rang clear.
"You don't know how to swim?" Malfoy spoke, more as a question to himself of how someone could never learn how to swim.
"I never had the opportunity to learn. My life before hogwarts wasn't the best." Her voice lowered but they still heard her. Several of the older students paled and shared looks. It couldn't be possible right?
Draco smirked playfully. "We can definitely teach you how to swim." It seemed everyone else caught on to what he was going to do.
"We haven't done that in awhile." Pansy squealed.
"I will go tell Snape!" Zabini volunteered.
Daphne tabbed a pattern onto an open space on the wall. The wall slid open and revealed vials fill with a green weed like substance. Everyone lined up and grabbed one. All books and personal effects were quickly sent up to their dorms as everyone got ready for something.
A vial was pushed into her hands as Snape and Zabini came into the common room.
"Is everyone ready?" He asked.
"Will someone please tell me what's going on!" They all just smirked at her.
Snape did a complicated wand moment and the room was sealed.
Suddenly the glass ceiling that showed the black lake had a hole and water began to flow into the room. She started panicking until she felt her hand being grabbed. A frightened Evie Potter looked at a confident Draco Malfoy.
"We've trusted you cousin, now it's time to trust us." She gave a nod and her fright seemed to easy way if just a bit. As the water got up to her waist. "Eat it." He told her. She watched as the others started eating the weird plant. Snapes dark eyes locked onto her, with a reassuring nod, she ate the revolting weed. He watched as everyone ate it before he widened the hole in their ceiling. As their gills and webbed hands and feet grew one by one they swam out of the common room and into the black lake. Draco and Daphne helped her get the hang of her movements and before long was swimming along with the rest of the house.