Flowers

Evie searches everywhere in the village and could not find a single dress she liked. Well not one fit for a ball at least. Fleur was doing her very best but it was becoming frustrating for both girls. That was until Fleur said something as a joke that sparked an idea in Evie's mind. Instead of buying her dress she would make it. She already had an idea in mind. So they bought the fabric she needed and set off to Fleur's room to begin. The Beaubaxons Liabrary held all the charms books that they needed. It took almost two weeks for the dress to be finished. Everyday she had gone to classes, did her homework and then stayed in the other schools carriage until curfew. It was a week and a half before the ball when she was bombarded by flower petal confetti as she walked into the great hall. The only problem was that there were two different types of flowers. And they both happened to be ones she was allergic to Lilacs and peonies. She started sneezing repeatedly as she tried to get the flowers off of her.
"Will you go to the ball with me?" Two voices said in sync, well as in sync they would be with broken English. She didn't have to be able to see them to know that it was Cedric and Viktor.
"Potter are you alright?" It was Uncle sev. He seemed to notice exactly what flowers were on the floor. "What have you two done?" He said horrified. He quickly vanished all the flowers and scooped up Evie in his arms and rushed her to the hospital wing. Fleur was making her way to follow him but she stopped infront of the two boys who seemed to be fighting for her honorary sisters affections.
"What did we do wrong?" Diggory sounded broken-hearted.
"She is allergic you imbecile!" The French Veela had half a mind to slap them both but knew it wouldn't do any good. "Evie is allergic to flowers." She repeated. She did not take any joy from the horrified looks coming from the two. She didn't bother to waste her time talking to them as she finished the long trek to the hospital wing. The privacy screens were up when she walked in and the Evie's godfather was pacing.
"Vill she be alright?" She asked the concerned man.
"We don't know.." his voice cracked like his mask was almost slipping. But still he steeled himself.
They both waited for the matron to come out from behind the screen. One hour passed then two. Both boys had stuck their head in the hospital wing but were scared away by the older mans glare. She sighed the sun was beginning to go down. It was then that Madame Pomfrey exited.
"Miss Potter will be back in classes in a few days. I want to keep her for observation since the swelling has only slightly gone down. If it had been any other flowers she would have only needed a day to recover. But it's something about those two and I don't know why." She said shaking her head.
"Lilly was the same way. Except it was Marigolds. I could never figure out why she had hated flowers so much, until I saw how she reacted to them." A small smile told both women he was taking a trip down memory lane.
"When I find those two boys they are going to be in a heap of trouble." Madame Pomfrey said, making Fleur giggle.
"Zey are vaiting outside ze doors." She said while pointing to the closed wooden doors.
The stout woman marched right over and pulled both of them inside. She started a holding them while Fleur went to check on her friend. She still kept an ear out on the conversation.
"What exactly were you two thinking? You could have killed her! Oh all the immature things to happen at this school this has been the second to nearly kill someone since I've been here!" She gave them a small chance to explain.
"We didn't know what flowers she liked so we went to Weasley and Granger. We were sure as her former friends that they would know. Granger told me lilacs and Weasley told Viktor Peonies. We didn't know she was allergic honest. We've been trying to ask her to the ball all week but today was the first time we were able to find her." Madame Pomfrey froze and Snape seemed to snap out of his day dream of happier days.
"Call the DMLE." His voice was like ice as Madame Pomfrey rushed to her office. Those two knew exactly what would happen if she touched those flowers with bare skin. She had a mild reaction first year and Weasley and Granger helped her to the hospital wing. He was there when Madame Pomfrey explained it to the children. They didn't have to wait long for a few Arours to show up.
"Madame Pomfrey mentioned something about an attempted murder by Proxy?" The Wizard was very tall with dark skin and traditional African robes.
"Yes. During her first year Evie Potter had an allergic reaction to a group of flowers. The reaction was severe. But the exposure was minimum so she was easily healed. Two friends at the time brought her in and I explained the signs to look out for and just what exactly could happen in she had a long exposures the flowers. Earlier today as Miss Potter enter the great hall. Lilac and peony flower petals rained down on her as those two tried to ask her to the ball." The Auros looked over to see the son of Amos Diggory and quiditch Star Viktor Krum. " these two had gone to Miss. Potter's former friends and asked which kind of flowers she liked. Those former friends then told them each a different answer, lilac and peonies." She motioned themboth over time the curtain and show them exactly what had happened.
"Sweet Morgana! Will she be alright?" The Auror asked.
"In a week or two maybe. Her eyes were swelled shut, welps and rashes still cover her skin. She won't be able to walk for at least three days. It was only Professor Snapes quick thinking that got her to me before her throat swelled shut."
"Did the two friends know this could happen?" The man asked.
Madame Pomfrey could only nod. "I kept silent, against my better judgement that last time a student almost killed another, I won't do it this time." She gave them both a stern look. "I would swear it on my magic that they both knew exactly what would happen to her."
The younger female Auror gasped. Swearing on ones magic was not to be taken lightly. To have a medi-witch offer to do so was unheard of. Both Aurors steamed there faces as they took official statements from the other two boys.
"If this goes how I think it will then we will be back shortly." Shakleboat said. He had introduced himself to the young men he had questioned.
He was right within thirty minutes they were back with three other people one of which was Amelia Bones Head of the DMLE.
There would be no children just being children this time around. Not only had they knowingly endangered another student they also willingly endangered the head of an Ancient and Noble house.
'Heads were going to roll.' Snape thought with a smirk.