Wishful thinking | Venti

aye i got inspiration 

____________________

"Do you have any.. dreams in particular?"

A memory flashed through his verdant eyes as the wind grazed his porcelain skin, his expression vacant. The memory, although hazy, made something ripple within him. Be it melancholy or nostalgia, he needn't know. 

Once more, he opened the chest of memories of which he locked within his soul centuries ago, uncaring of the anguish that it may bring to him.

"Hmm, dreams. I suppose you could say I do. I'm not sure.."

You captivating face filled with scrutiny lured his senses into the dreaded pit of grief he knew will come eating at him once the time arrives. You were strong— stronger than most. Both in soul and ability. You were gifted with a prowess that only the blessed may acquire. You had a loving, capable family, the strength of ten men, and a Vision. 

All seemed perfect for you. However, a heavy burden came across your path to the absolute when you father was overcome by his recklessness and his greed.

He remembered your once healthy skin now turned into a pallid colour, your once shining eyes now dark and sullen. You became cursed with a disease that hindered you, and you were no longer who you once were. All because of your father. You couldn't blame him though; his actions were solely humane. 

Your way of thinking confused the aero god.

"I used to dream of flying above the boundless sky and touching the stars."

He looked up and saw you looking at the heavens, your gaze loving as the cool air brushed past your flowing hair. It made an odd feeling flourish in him. "Oh? Pray tell."  He responded, playfulness and childish curiosity lacing his tone. A smile graced your face. "Before that witch cursed me with, whatever this is, I was ambitious." 

He hummed, crossing his legs and placing his chin on the palm of his hand, listening intently at your words. "I fought so that, maybe one day, I could create something that would let me see the ombre orbs that shined upon me at my birth. Maybe ask the Guizhong if I could learn below her."

"See for myself if the stars are truly faux or not."

Another hum escaped his lips as he looked at you thoughtfully.

"Such wishful thinking has led me to nothing so far."

A forlorn grin crept up his face, perplexing emotions making him place a hand on his chest and feel the beat of his heart. You made him feel weak and hopeful back then. You made him feel desperate to find a cure for your curse.

But of course, nothing ever goes the way he wants it to. 

He sat upon the palms of his effigy, waiting for the soil below to be embraced by the darkness of dusk. Then he could finally, after all the planning he did, gaze at the stars above the clouds with you in his arms.

But upon knocking at your door's entrance, he was met with the news of your sudden death and the deafening silence that seemed to stab at his very being.

Alas, it was all wishful thinking in the end.

____________________

Im sorry D: