Just Smile | Jean

please forgive me if this ain't as great as my other oneshots. I tried making something that's NOT angst, but then I realized how shit I am at doing so, and decided to make something just— bittersweet.

____________________

Lightly, she caressed your cheeks, eyeing you with a look of pure admiration. It was all hopeless infatuation; the feelings  the two of you shared. You were from the enemy, she, the light. Both of you knew that, and yet you both cease to let go of this connection you shared.

"I'm in love with you." She whispered softly, her warm breath fanning your skin and enveloping you in the warmth you so yearned. You didn't want these feelings to be brought out by words and made clear to you. You didn't want those words to— make you aware of how you two weren't supposed to be here, like this, together. 

"You are aware of this, are you not?" You wanted to remain blissfully unaware of the danger your position could bring to this beautiful, amazing, strong, and so, so very, infuriatingly gorgeous woman. 

"I guess." And yet you couldn't. You knew the moment you caught these feelings for her, you knew you couldn't remain unaware of the ticking time bomb placed above your heads. It hurt, but what could you do about it except just lay here, in the arms of the woman you cherished the most?

"I'm in love with you, Y/N." She repeated, pressing her lips onto the centre of your head. Her loving embrace, her actions, everything about her made you more and more reluctant to steel yourself. She made you reluctant to hide your feelings away and run from her. She made you want more of her.

"I know that, it's just.. This, it's wrong."

You replied, melting in her arms as you laid your ear onto her bosom and listened to the soft beating of her heart. She made you want more of the warmth and care that she gave you, something you hardly received at all. She gave you something to hold onto. 

"This could harm you, and I don't want that. I just want to be here, with you, forever. But.." 

She cradled your face and pressed her plump and rosy lips onto yours, preventing you from letting the words escape from the tip of your tongue. You loved it. You loved this, and every other moment you shared with her, but for how long will you still be able to stay with her like this?

She parted your lips, looking at you straight in the eye. "Stop thinking about the things that could possibly happen to us." She said, her thumbs rubbing the surface of your skin.

"Stop thinking about how long we'll be able to last, how much suffering you and I may endure."

An unfathomable smirk made it's way on her lips, 

"Just smile."

____________________

ah.

wait

this still classifies as angst doesn't it?