Negative way | Diluc

Yes, I make short oneshots.

I wrote this at 02:05AM so forgive me if this is not to your liking.

M!reader for this one.

____________________

"They deserve to be spared!"

"For the last time, Y/N, they don't."

Here, one Y/N of Liyue and one Diluc of Mondstadt argued once more. It was customary, them arguing constantly. Imagine the surprise that coloured each Mondstadt citizen's face when they saw how the young Y/N was able to crack that cold mask placed on Diluc's face and reveal his actual, bona fide emotions. Nobody could have expected this.. lad that just came out of nowhere claiming to be from Liyue to suddenly just make the red-haired man seem more, human.

Perhaps it was mere fondness or possible companionship that may have been formed in the past that has made Diluc open up to the young man, but one can never be too certain.

Once, the two've displayed their affections under the gaze of the moonlit night. Thereafter, they started living together. Unbeknownst to them, though, their arguments increased. And now, they're currently arguing because Y/N started a conversation about whether or not slimes are cute.

"Why not?" Y/N asked with a huff, placing both of his hands on his hips. To Diluc, it looked oh so irritating looking at you like that, but amidst all that, he really, really, genuinely thought you looked so adorable. The thought fueled his vigor. "Slimes attack, they don't have emotions. And they would do nothing but attack when you draw closer to them, much like hilichurls," A 'hmph!' came from in front of him, making him stop himself from cooing, "and things could get explosive, too." Diluc smoothly continued, waving his hand at Y/N's way, acknowledging his element.

"Yes, but that doesn't explain why you're so against the thought of them being even remotely cute!"

Diluc heaved a sigh, reached out both of his hands, and pinched your cheeks, deciding to let loose of all of that false anger. "Because, Y/N, I'm worried that you'd do something as stupid as try to make a slime your pet."

I did say that their arguments increased, right? well,

Not in a negative way.

____________________

I apologize if this was too ooc and fast-paced.

This was how I envisioned Diluc when he falls in love.