Friendship | Scaramouche x Lumine

square up thots we finna be going for another ride on the modern society angst train woo

____________________

A gasp erupts from his parched lips as he jolts awake drenched in cold sweat. Grey spots danced around his vision as he steps from his bed in a jiffy, stumbling and tripping on his used clothing laid about around his room as he tightly held a vice grip on his mouth.

He opens the bathroom's doors with a loud slam, swiftly switching the dim lights open and swinging the lid of the toilet upwards. With the sound of the lid and the glossy toilet meeting piercing his ears, he gags and retches, the contents of the dinner he ate burning and scratching at his throat furiously, leaving an acidic aftertaste as it travelled down the toilet he clutched desperately.

He coughs and gasps, slipping in two fingers and irritating his throat in order to release that sickening feeling that makes his stomach twist and churn. The image of his dream still burning at the back of his mind, he coughs one last time, eventually wiping off the saliva sticking to the edge of his mouth with his sleeves an flushing the toilet.

'What the fuck was that..'

He thinks to himself, weakly crawling towards the bathroom walls and resting his head there, panting like he'd run a marathon. Sweat drips down his face as he recalled the contents of his nightmare reluctantly.

Blood swirling within his vision and drenching his body, the substance coming from the bucket that was held dangling above his obsidian hair. Their annoying laughter filling up his ears and making him shiver and curl up into a ball.

Him— him being offered a pistol.

Him willingly pulling the trigger towards a girl with blonde hair— said girl's blood spraying onto his face and— screams. Loud, painful screams— a pounding headache that hammers down his temples. Blood, brain, go—gore, and..

Scaramouche trembles, his breath hitching as he desperately tried to remove the image of it from his mind.

"Fuck,"

He wraps his hands around his head, breaking into broken sobs and silent wheezes.

That girl— that girl used to be his best friend.

Beautiful, refined.. Used to be the only person that wouldn't judge him for his ludicrous antics.

Kind and innocent Lumine..

'No— no, I wouldn't. I would never— I don't have that sort of hatred for her betrayal.'

Innocent Lumine told to turn from him because he was some sort of "feral" and "mentally ill" person.

'I don't blame her for watching me— being a bystander to all of it. I don't blame her. She was simply swayed by my stupidity, the blame is on me and only me.'

He remembers.

He remembers their words, them whispering behind his back, not even trying to hide their contempt for him and his violent nature.

Lumine was the only person there for him at the time. Though they'd only been classmates for about 2 months back then, the girl took the liberty to befriend him, defending him and comforting him even when he doesn't ask for it. She didn't ask for anything in return; she was merely there, giving him a source of comfort from all their burning gazes and painful words.

Grateful. He was truly grateful for her back then.

If only, he had stopped his antics back then.

"Fuck.." He mutters to himself once more.

Maybe then, those venomous words wouldn't have been directed at him or anyone at all.

Maybe, if he'd have been more kinder to people and less rude..

Maybe, Lumine wouldn't have been talked into turning from him.

He whimpers, digging his eyes into his knees in an attempt to cease the tears flowing freely.

The moonlight that faintly surrounded his empty bed that night seemed to be lamenting the loss of his first true friendship.

____________________