Fear | Xiao

"Why are you afraid?"

You said breathily, like a gentle breeze tickling his skin delicately. He stood frozen in place as his hand hovered above your silken cheeks, ever so slightly grazing your skin. You were so.. fragile. It made him afraid to just touch you all the way. He was afraid that, if he gave into his desires to embrace you, to just grasp you and keep you to himself, you would shatter. You would disappear with naught but a single speck for him to hold onto. He heaved a sigh, wondering why he dared allow himself to feel these disgusting emotions once more. 

"Fear is a complicated thing. It would be an exaggeration to call this fear." But he knew that you were right. 

 "But I see uncertainty in your eyes. I see fear." You were always right.

Silence only followed. He admired your face as the moon smiled upon you, sending weird fluttering sensation in his stomach. It felt oddly like butterflies being flung about. He didn't know why, but it made him worried.

"Tell me, what is it that makes you so afraid?"

There was something about you that made you just, stand out above all others. Something that just made him want to lay his hands upon you, to mark you as his. He wanted to, but he couldn't. No matter how much he wanted to. This fear he felt was all too consuming. Slowly, he retracted his hand, turnng around to cast his gaze upon the moon instead. 

"Soon, I'll tell you."

He wished he didn't have to deal with these mortal emotions that he thought he'd already buried in those past millenia.

____________________

ah,, I love Xiao so much 💕