Never you | Childe

Warning, the following contains graphic imagery and gory descriptions. If you are sensitive to those, I advise you click out of this one and wait for the Kaeya x reader lemon that I'm currently working on. (edit) I gave up on the lemon. And I made adjustments! Reread this, or not. Don't really care.

Ehe. 

this is going to be one of my longest oneshots ever.

____________________

It all happened so fast.

You couldn't even react to the attack- one moment, you were furiously swinging your javelin around, the next, all you knew was pain shooting up your back and making everything around you burn.

Painful, it was so unbearably painful. You couldn't suppress the loud, agonizing scream that escaped your bloodied lips as you fell down on all fours. Everything around you started to spin and mix together, making nausea creep up your very stomach. You couldn't think nor speak properly, all you could do was limply cover your fresh, bleeding wound in an attempt to ease the blinding pain.

You felt like thousands of hot knives being stabbed into you, digging into you and slowly moving around all of your organs. The burning was different from that prickling sensation that you receive when you hover your hand above hot water or boiling food- no, it was worse than that increased 10 fold. It felt like skin being peeled off of you, blood seeping out of you, veins being cut, and muscles being pierced and chopped up by a butcher with a lack of precision and disconcerting skill of being able to endure a gut-wretching scene of a pig's intestines being scattered across the floor.

You couldn't even think about anything besides the pain; you didn't even bother considering the hilichurls that may be running towards you right now. You just begged tho whomever god was that was listening to you to make the pain dissipate.

And as if your desperate pleas were ignored, all that was once scorching hot and ablaze suddenly turns cold. Too cold, so much that it, funnily enough, burnt.

You gaspd as ripples of frost spread out your body at a leisurely pace, as if it had a mind of it's own and wanted you to feel the pain slowly but surely. It was the opposite of the burning sensation, yet it seemed so similar. If not, worse. You felt your limbs grow numb and your lungs constrict, making you choke and halt at your attempts to claw at your throat. All was happening too fast. Your body couldn't take so much all at once- 

At that moment, as all faded to nothing but the slow beating of your weakening heart, the light that shimmered at the corner of your eyes somehow started looking so.. comforting.

Unbeknowst to you whilst your body struggled to remain alive, albeit weakly, a furious ginger haired man cared not of the blood that was staining the fine linens of his clothing. Nothing but rage and resentment flowing in his veins, he ferociously stabbed the last abyss mage that dared harm your delicate being.

He felt his heart stop for a moment as he turned around and placed his cold gaze on your frail form.

"Y/N.. Y/N!" Childe called out, running towards you. He hastily placed you in his arms and checked if you were still alive and breathing as panic and dread started flooding his mind. He placed a vial onto your lips, tilting it and letting the contents go into your mouth. What if he was too late? What if you were already- 

No!

You aren't. He wasn't late. You were alive, you must be. 

You're still there. He'll still hear your sassy comebacks tomorrow. 

He'll still get to kiss you, get kisses from you, get to hug you, receive comfort from you, keep loving you. He will. He will, right? You're still alive, right?

He was overthinking things.

His breathing started to quicken and his heartbeat race. The thought of the worst plagued his mind; what would he do without you? The one person that lifted his spirits, moved him, kept him going on even in the most dire of situations? 

He didn't want you to- just leave him like that because of his incompetence.

He was overthinking things.

His fingers started to tremble as he struggled to keep the vial steady. Tears started blocking his vision and stinging his sullen dull blue eyes. You can't, no, you have to live. 

"Please.."

He whispered desperately as he dropped the vial and clutched you tightly in his chest. You'll live, you'll make it, you're still going to walk with him, go on adventures with him. You'll live. You'll still cook him mondstadt's dishes, cause mayhem with him, make love..

You can't be.

"Not you, no.." 

You aren't dead.

"Not you, never you.."

Why aren't you breathing?

____________________

I was planning on giving this a happy ending but I just had to not do it. Angst fics are my forte, sadly D: 

I'll try to make something actually fluffy and romantic nexttime, I promise

I CANT, THESE DEATH JOKES ☠️☠️ LMFAOOO