Caught | Diluc(incomplete)

This oneshot has been rotting away in my drafts for quite a while now. One day, I decided to continue it again. I wanted to finish the action, but my mind's gone blank -- so, I decided to post it incomplete.

Mafia boss/pianist(unincluded) Diluc x Killer/musicophiliac gn!reader

Modern era

Action

____________________

Music.

The very essence of your soul; the kingpin of your emotions.

It moved you, defined you. It adjusted your movements according to the notes that flow into your ears like a puppeteer would to a puppet.

Music was your partner in crime.

This is why you constantly keep your headphones on, listening to music day and night, regardless of whether you were basking in the darkness of dusk coated in splatters of red or the warmth of sunlight wearing your favorite hoodie.

Music was something you depended on a lot. You depended on it for strength, for feeling, for moving, for thinking. Without music, everything was so.. Foreign.

And maybe that's why you got caught in the first place, because of your dependency on music.

-

You wince slightly as the hand wrapped around your arm tightened. You raise your chin upwards as the intimate weight in your ears became empty, the soothing tunes of the first movement of Moonlight Sonata suddenly dispersing, replaced with the loud, loud silence of reality.

Ringing surrounds your ears for a moment, adjusting to the sudden silence that slipped into your eardrums.

You squint your eyes, observing the blue shine of the moon that caressed Diluc's red orbs, ignoring his tightened grip around your flaccid wrist.

Softly, a gust of wind sighs past the both of you. His cerise hair sways forward, kissing his forehead and brushing his lips. The sight gives you a spark of interest, reminiscent of that feeling you receive when a new song strikes your picky ears.

Your eyes shift towards the man's lips as he opens them.

"Odd,"

He starts, tilting his head forward ever so softly, the cloth embracing his neck folding at the action.

"I've caught you killing one of my men, yet you don't seem the least bit afraid of me."

His gloved nails dig into the side of your wrist,

"Why is that?" He finishes, squinting his eyes.

You swallow. While it was true that you weren't afraid, you also weren't used to this other reality without your earphones. Without the tunes singing in your ears, you were slow. Sluggish. 

Weak.

You open your mouth. 

"I am afraid," You utter, voice sounding a tad off — the result of the lack of pressure you exert on your vocal cords.

For a moment, you could see a brief flash of something akin to alert grace in his eyes.

"Lies," He responds, tugging your wrist forward and bringing your body closer to him forcefully.

Your breath hitches at the sudden movement, your fingers almost loosening their grip on your blade.

Your eyebrows furrow.

"What are you —"

"You aren't afraid of being imprisoned for life?" The man cuts off, pulling something out of his back with his free hand, and with a click, pressing it onto the side of your head.

It took you too long to realize that you were too slow to bring your weapon onto his throat, and it took you too long to realize that it was a gun.

Your breathing halts and your bones freeze. Tension rises in the air, and the aura that surrounds the both of you was replaced with the feeling of danger. Your eyes clash against each other once again, and the faint feeling of anger fills your veins. 

"You aren't afraid of losing your life?"

It was silent for a moment, with yours and his gazes intertwined underneath the watchful gaze of the moon — until finally, you moved. 

Like two alpha wolves baring their fangs against each other and forming a bloody parody of a sensational tango, you move your bloody arm and push his elbow away, only narrowly avoiding a bullet to the head.

You feel a stinging sensation surround your ear. You ignore it, wrenching yourself free from the man's grasp and immediately crouching down to grab your fallen knife.

You avoid a kick and a bullet, skidding to the side and swinging your arm, attempting to slash the man's left leg but failing, only managing to cut the cloth that covered his shin.

You'd failed to realize that right now, this dangerous person above you threatening to turn your world to a permanent black, made adrenaline and excitement fill your chest.

____________________

I'll probably make a part 2 to let the romance flourish? Eh?

This too has book potential.