Battle-hungry | Childe

Welcome back, my dearest readers!

____________________

Like a worn and used blade, overtime, Childe lost his shine. The once beaming young man filled with joy and determination lost in the contents of the wine he held in his hands, overdosing in the adrenaline he so craved during the heat of his battles.

Once, he had a reason for committing himself in the battles he so desire. Living the life of a soldier fighting for his blood relatives, training so that none would come in the way of the peaceful lives of those who resided in the crisp and frosty lands of Snezhnaya. Many admired him then, for his dedication. For his tender intentions for his family, for the revere he held for his dearest siblings.

Nowadays, none can even see a speck of who he once was.

That shine that drew people in to him, gone in one fell swoop. He'd drowned himself, ruined himself just to get a feel of that exhilaration that a normal life is unable to offer. He'd succumed to the mercy of his desires, and lost the reasoning of his ways.

He simply became a mere tool of war. He wasn't a 'human', nor was he a 'god', or an 'adeptus'.

He was simply a machine.

"Childe! Please, snap out of it!"

The distinct sound of the traveller's cries filled the suffocating air drenched in the ginger's bloodlust. The woebegone eyes of the traveller stared at the ginger's back, clenching their wounded sword arm to ease the burning sensation of the blood seeping from their skin.

The traveller stared as he ruthlessly stabbed the remnants of a treasure hoarder, under the illusion that their body lay there in a sickening display of gore and carnage. The traveller didn't understand; this wasn't the Childe they'd met two years ago.

This wasn't the Childe that fought them with a noxious grin on his face.

This wasn't the Childe that endearingly exhausted himself for the sake of his younger brother's dreams.

This wasn't Childe.

"..A..jax.."

This was a battle-hungry monster who simply functioned to the direction of his pleasures.

____________________

Unfortunately, this ended up not being very long since, well, I kinda just placed whatever came on mind ;P

I've always envisioned those battle-thirsty anime stereotypes as someone that would lose themselves and treat battle as some sort of drug.

Sadly, I wasn't able to do that Dull Eyes request since well, eh, I didn't want to. (I'm so sorry!!)

Expect shorter chapters and longer update times, I'm getting busier with school 😩😩

Ciao 👋👋