Wordless Ballad | Re:Ganyu

Hi hello, yes, I'm still alive. News flash: I got Venti, cried

____________________

As your hand swiveled through the parchment with firm and confident fingers, you began touching the parts and memories that lightened up the spark of creativity within you. Swiftly, you moved your wrist in a circular motion, the feather on your quill kissing your knuckles, tickling you softly. A memory of her soft, pale locks threading to your fingertips flashed within your eyes as you drew a treble clef, the memory of her wistful, expressionless face making your shoulders sag in contentment. 

The wind sighed from your windowsill to where you sat blissfully on your settee, brushing a stray strand of your hair from your face as if gladly encouraging you on divulging your fervent emotions onto the notes that flow from the tip of your quill. The music you wrote began in adagio, slowly transcending to a crescendo, and halting in mezzo piano upon reaching the climactic tone of the piece.

The softness of it's tone and movement showed sincere gentleness sprouting about, a twinge of nostalgia and melancholy riddling it, showing a sense of longing and equanimity moving in sync. Not too loud, not too low. The scarcity of the presence of allegro evident in the incessant flowing tones. Beauty shown through music: a confession expressed through pen and sound in lieu of words. 

Incohesive feelings that once stained you becoming cohesive. Zeal and adoration, frustration and worry, all becoming one word as you put them all in one place, gathered in one parchment, swirling in harmony, orchestrated by your heart and hands alone. It became as clear as water embraced by the everliving sunlight, that you were infatuated. Utterly so— and it wasn't ephemeral and blithe. No, barely.  It had the dearth of any doubt or uncertainty within it, straightforward and unwavering. True.

That was how you expression your profound love and loyalty, through a wordless ballad.

____________________

I know this oneshot is imperfect. Short, far too short. But I hope you felt the absolute devotion I've put into it, just like everything else I write, no matter how brief or lacking it is.