Family

Y/n's pov:

It's been three days since I came to America. It was quite hard for me to adjust in food wise, the Italian food here couldn't compare to my home country's food.

And it's also been three days since that message was sent to my phone. I don't think the person who sent it intends to harm my family, they're more like giving me warnings for what's coming. I've got a new job here in New York, mom and Lily knows Jeremy. I introduced them to each other. Me and Jeremy also had gone out for coffee, and I've been training secretly. I can't let any of them know that I'm training so I just lied to them saying that I'm going out for a jog. But I'm actually going to an abandoned underground arena to improve my shooting and fighting skills.

It's 6.30 early in the morning when I woke up, I got dressed into my training outfit and went out of the room. I went down to the kitchen to find mom cutting vegetables.

"Oh mom, good morning. Why are you awake so early?"

"I'm cooking breakfast but anyways are you going jogging again?"

"Yes mom."

"Why can't you be like Lily? She stays at home most of the time while you go out 24/7."

"Mom, not again. I'm not lazy like Lily, so that's why I'm going jogging and I'm working, that's why I'm out most of the time."
I said as mom sighed.

"I'm just worried for you, Y/n. After what happened to your dad, I'm afraid the same thing will happen to you."

"You shouldn't be worried about me, I know how to defend myself. Dad taught me how to fight in order to protect not only myself, but you."

"You're right. You're already a woman and no longer a kid, you are able to defend yourself. Now come on here. Eat something before you go jogging, otherwise you'll faint."
I chuckled at my silly mom as I grabbed an apple and walked out the door.

"I'll be back in two and a half hours. Don't worry about me."

"Alright, Y/n! Take care!"
She said as I jogged to the underground arena. I had bought a few guns when I landed here in New York, I currently have two pistols in my bag and a some ammo.

I reached after 25 minutes of jogging, I pushed the door open as dust fell from it. This arena was quite old, I don't think anyone has entered it for a few years, so that makes this place a good location to train my aim and fight. I got started as I took out my guns and aimed them at the glass bottles I had placed 50 meters away from me. I slowly took a breath as I fired the gun, emptying the magazine but not missing one of my targets. I reloaded the magazine and started firing once again. After I was done with my shooting, I focused on my fighting.

My eyes focused on the boxing bag that was hanged from the ceiling as I started giving hard punches to it, kicking it as sweat dripped off my forehead. I didn't stop for a break in order to train my stamina in fighting. After 45 minutes of punching, I took a rest, calming myself down before I got down and did push ups. I also did planks for 2 minutes and sit ups to tighten my core, jumping Jack's, bicycle crunches and squats.

 I also did planks for 2 minutes and sit ups to tighten my core, jumping Jack's, bicycle crunches and squats

After I finished all of them, I collapsed to the floor panting as I poured water all around my face. I looked at my watch as my eyes widened. Shit I'm late! I quickly got up and grabbed my bag and bolted out. The jog to the house was more like a run since I was late, I had told mom I would be back by this time. I finally reached the house in only 7 minutes when I opened the front door.

"Y/n, you're back in time for breakfast."
Lily said as I smiled.

"Thank god."

"Yah! Y/n! Go take a shower! You stink!"
Mom said covering her nose as Lily did the same action.

"Yep, your mom's right!"
I shot a glare at her as I hurriedly ran up to my room to take a shower. I wore a sweatshirt and pants and hurried down once again, I was starving. I went to the kitchen to smell delicious food, I saw Lily and mom sitting at the table waiting for me.

"Come sit down fast! I'm hungry."
Lily said as I quickly sat down next to mom and Lily. We began eating the Fiorentina steak and tostada.

"I've gotta admit that mom makes the best food ever."
I said munching down the tostada as Lily nodded in agreement.

"I'm agreeing with you for the first time,
Y/n. Anyways, how's that Jeremy boy?"
Lily eyed me curiously as she said.

"Why? You've taken a liking to him?"
I raised my left eyebrow at her.

"No uh no. He looks like he has a slight crush on you."

"Oh shut up, we're just friends."

"That's what they all say."
Lily said as I shot a glare at her again.

"He's a sweet boy, I also noticed the way he looks at you. He looks like little boy in love."
Mom said chuckling.

"Not you too, mom. Lily, what have you done to her?"
I asked causing Lily to look at me in confusion.

"What do you mean what I have done to her? That guy Jeremy really looks at you like that. It's the truth, Y/n. Stop denying and just accept it for what it is."

"Whatever, I'm telling this one last time. He is just a friend to me."
I said as both mom and Lily rolled their eyes and continued eating.

After we finished, we sat on the sofa together as we turned on the TV.

"Mom, what you wanna watch?"

"Romance please!"
Lily said with pleading eyes.

"I asked mom, not you. Mom?"

"Romance is fine with me."
Mom said as I switched the channel to a romantic action movie. We enjoyed the movie, laughing and crying at the scenes. The movie finally ended.

"This movie was really good."
Lily said as we all nodded in agreement.

"Well, now time for me to work. Bye fam, don't spend your time missing me while I'm at work."
I sarcastically said as Lily rolled her eyes.

"No we won't!"
I chuckled at her reply as I walked out to the car and drove to my workplace. I parked my car at the parking lot and locked the car as I walked into the cafe, I didn't want other jobs since I found myself more comfortable being a barista than other works. I wore my apron and tied my hair up as I started serving customers.