25

vinnie walked out of his room, in plan to go and get something to drink when he stumbled upon kio talking loudly in his room. at first, he was actually going to tell kio to quiet down a little since it made his head hurt from the loudness, but then he heard another voice replying back to him. with the same tone of voice.

troy's.

curious on to what the hell they were talking about, vinnie stood right in front of kio's room, eavesdropping to their conversation. but he wished he didn't when he realised they were talking about him and emily.

"that's the problem. the girl who caused lots of fights never speak up about anything! she can stop all of this if she would've just speak up about what happened, and talked to vinnie about it!" vinnie heard kio said from the other side of the door.

after a split moments of silence, probably because troy didn't say anything, kio continued "vinnie, have been staying in his room, not eating or even spending time with any of us lately, because of her! she destroyed vinnie! so how could you still be friend with the girl that destroyed your own friend's mental health?!"

vinnie felt his breath hitched when he realised that his miserableness was noticed by kio. he never wanted any of his friends to notice the sudden change of his behaviour. especially kio because it made him very vulnerable and weak because he was always the one that seem so strong between all of his friend.

and as much as he agreed with kio on about emily never speaking up, he knew it would be selfish of him to put the blame on emily because he, himself knew that all of this was started because of him.

slowly, he stepped backwards from the door, inaudible words coming out of troy's mouth as vinnie stayed silent.

just as he was taking a breath, trying to calm himself down, the door opened and revealed troy, staring back at him with concern planted on his face.

"hello, vinnie. do you wanna join in our conversation?" kio asked from behind troy, sarcastically waving toward vinnie that was standing still.

"uh, no... i-" instead of continuing his words, vinnie just shook his head before walking back toward his own room, forgetting the reason he was even going outside.

"vinnie-" kio called out from his back but vinnie just easily ignored him as he hurried back to his room, trying to keep his feelings to himself so he wouldn't break down infront of his two friends.

he almost let out a sigh of relief when he walked in the door to his room, before he turned around and saw kio standing right at it, looking at him.

"whatever you have to say, keep it to yourself." vinnie said, not ready to hear kio talking bad about emily as he sat on his bed.

"what did you hear, vinnie?" kio asked calmly from the door.

vinnie just put his head on his hand, catching some breaths before opening his mouth again. "you talked bad about emily." he simply said.

"and i am right about it. and you know it too." kio shrugged, not even caring about vinnie's feelings as he leaned on the wall beside the door.

"you're wrong, kio." vinnie said shortly, making kio who was looking down at the floor quickly looked up at him.

"explain how." kio snickered.