21

vinnie breathed heavily as he sat at the edge of the bed in his room at the sway gaming house. his right palm below his chin while his left hand was running through his messy black hair, sweats on his forehead as his mind kept playing back to when he was standing in the middle of robbie's room, right after emily left the room without any of them saying anything to each other.

        as much as he was glad that he could kept his emotions to himself, not breaking down in front of emily, he was still struggling to think straight when he was in his old best friend's room, with a girl that he was supposed to treat good.

        it was no surprise to him anymore when he woke up in the middle of the night sweating because of a dream that was triggered by a certain memory once again.

        trying to calm himself down, he wrapped his sweaty palms on his thighs that were covered in grey sweatpants as he tried to control his breathing pattern.

        but as he was coming back to his calm state, the memory that has been in his dream ever since he messed up his relationship with emily played back in the back of his head.

flashback

vinnie got back from the hospital as soon as emily arrived there with the rest of her family and robbie's as he didn't want them to see him crying, or specifically emily seeing him crying for the first time they met.

he let out a really deep sigh and sat on the top of his bed before reaching into his pants pocket, pulling out the ring robbie passed to him earlier. no matter how relieved he felt , he refused to believe that robbie knew all along that he had a tiny crush on emily.

"oh come on, this is your chance and i believe you can make her happy, vin. just please don't mess up."

end of flashback

        and it wasn't a bad memory for him actually, but the version that came to his dream that was terrible. that always made him feel bad.

his dream

he was just sleeping calmly on his bed, his long black hair covering a little bit of his forehead as he was laying on his back while the rest of them were draped over the pillow. it was like any other nights, until he felt a cold breeze coming from his left, the empty side of the bed. just as it got too cold, he opened his eyes a little, to see a pale looking robbie, staring right at him. despite of him looking pale as ever, his eyes filled with anger as he stared right at vinnie's eyes.

before he could even do anything, robbie shouted the words that never fails to make him feel bad.

"you're supposed to make her happy!"

end of his dream

        but as days past, he thought the dream soon will gone or he at least would know how to remained calm after the horrible dream, but he was proven wrong when he woke up again tonight, breathing heavily.

        usually, when he woke up because of the dream, he would just calm himself down before falling back to sleep, again, hoping that when he woke up, it would be because of his friends being loud in the morning, and not because of his nightmares.

        but tonight wasn't like any other nights, and he knew that when he felt a really heavy feeling on his chest that possibly triggered by him going back to robbie's house.

        so despite of falling back to sleep, he laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling as he thought back to what gone wrong in his life.

        and it came to him remembering about his dad so to prevent him from going that far, he quickly distracted himself with something else.

————————————————

a/n

short chapter bcs i just wanna give you guys a little bit catch up on vinnie :)

i'll surely post another chapter today so stay tune!! :>

stay safe and take care of yourself, please!! i love you guys <3