37

devyn walked out of the car she rode along with her friends; sabrina and anna , their faces brightened with wide smiles as all three of them pushed the door to the cafe opened, making everyone that was in the cafe to looked at them, due to the loud noises they made.

        ignoring all of the attentions toward them, the girls continued walking to the counter. devyn who calmed down from her laughs looked around the cafe, amused to the decorations until her eyes dropped to a familiar pair of brown eyes, that were already looking at her.

devyn looked at him, about to turned away when her eyes locked on another pair of green eyes, that filled with worries until their eyes met.

"didn't they break up or something? why are they together?" anna asked, nudging devyn's arm as she pointed to vinnie and emily, who were having a conversation amongst themselves.

        devyn shrugged before she turned her gaze away, ordering her drink quickly as she tried to forget all the sudden thoughts that rushed in her mind when she saw them two.

        a part of her head insisted her to go up to them and apologise, and warned them about jordan, but the realistic part of her head told her to stayed in her lane, and mind her own business.

        "oh didn't you know? emily is never one great at making good decisions.. if cooper ever pulled the shit vinnie did, you already know i would've walked out the door by a second. i ain't letting myself be fooled.." sabrina snickered, looking at the pair for a split second before she looked back to anna that nodded, agreeing to her words.

"yeah, maybe you should teach her a lesson or something about self worth, before she gets hurt again." anna added.

devyn just chewed on the inside of her cheek, not knowing what to respond to her friends when she knew the real story behind their relationship. if there ever was someone that was fooled, and in the wrong, it would be her.. not emily.

anna and sabrina's conversation was stopped when their drinks were made and were put on the counter, making all three of them to looked up and paid.

"thank you very much." devyn thanked the cashier, as they smiled back at her before taking another person's orders, while anna and sabrina just made their ways back out the cafe, planning on to go shopping at the mall.

devyns thought was filled with lots and lots of things she wanted to say to emily and vinnie, but the thought of them not wanting to listen to her conquered her mind as she got closer to the exit.

"uh, i think i'll pass on shopping. i wanna stay here a little bit." devyn let out her thoughts, stopping anna and sabrina as they both turned and looked at her with confusion obvious on their faces.

"are you sure?" anna asked at the same time sabrina asked, "with them two here?"

"yeah.." devyn slowly nodded.

"well, whatever i guess. call us if you want us to pick you up or something. we'll see you later." anna said, before taking sabrinas arm and dragged her out the door, leaving devyn as she just looked at them walking away.

even though she knew all her friends from the not a content house, forgave her for what she did to vinnie, hearing them talking badly about emily just really made her comfortable because what she did to their relationship was far worse than emily getting back together with vinnie.

sighing, she turned back around and looked at the table where vinnie and emily was sitting at. their faces were bright as they talked to each other, and devyn could've sworn she saw how happy vinnie looked when he was looking at emily, when his eyes shined and set right on emily's face.