20

"hello, nice to meet you guys." vinnie reached his hand out with a smile planted on his face toward troy who stood there menacingly.

despite of the confusion he was feeling, troy reached his hand out too and shake it with vinnie's, vinnie nodded in satisfaction before he pulled his hand away.

emily who still can't believe that vinnie was here and acting like he didn't know troy and her just stared at the guy with black hair in front of him, giving her a small innocent smile.

"we've had dinner but i'm sure there's some leftovers if you would want to eat, vinnie." julia said, breaking the tension going on in the space as she looked at vinnie.

"as much as i miss your cooking, julia, i'm still pretty full from the dinner i had with my friends earlier." vinnie said, peeling his eyes off emily as he looked at julia in front of him. truthfully, he didn't even eat nor seeing any friends as he just rushed out from his bedroom, ignoring the calls from kio and shane.

"but if it would make you feel better, i could always take it and eat it when i'm hungry again." vinnie said with a smile, hoping that he didn't sound like a bad person.

"i can pack it for you, then. please, come in, dave is in the living room." julia said, moving a little out of vinnie's way as he stepped in and walked to the living room with julia following him where dave was watching the television before he noticed vinnie walking in.

while dave was cheering and greeting vinnie in the living room, troy and emily stayed behind as they looked at each, confusion obvious in their faces.

before they could even questioned each other as to what just happened, julia called out for them from the living room, making them both just sighed as they made their ways, approaching all of them.

"do you guys want some drinks? or any snacks?" julia asked looking at all four faces in front of her, receiving a small nods from each of them.

"i would just like some teas, please, then if you don't mind i would get the stuffs we talked about and leave.. plus, i have to go somewhere else after this." vinnie said politely as he could.

"sure." julia replied shortly before making her way to the kitchen, getting ready to make them their drinks.

"so, what have you been up to, vinnie? it's been a long time since i last saw you!" dave started the conversation, breaking the silence in the living room.

throughout dave and vinnie's conversation, emily just spaced out while staring at the guy sitting across from him on the couch. his long curly black hair was slicked back on his head with some gels to keep it in place, his chipped black nails were fidgeting with the hem of his shirt as he talked to dave about what has he been up to.

ruining my life. emily thought to herself as she mentally rolled her eyes.

as she looked back at vinnie, she noticed the healing bruises right above his left eyebrow and the corner of his jawline. she also noticed the red spot on his left arm just below his elbow, noticing the new tattoos he had there, knowing that they weren't there two days ago. because of the distance, she had to squinted her eyes to see the tattoos clearly.