29

three days later..

right at 3:00 pm on 20th november, vinnie waited under the tree at the skatepark alone patiently, constantly looking around for a certain that he had been really nervous to meet again. it really has been a long time since he really went out, and he felt dumb for stopping doing what he loved. running his right hand through his long black hair, he looked right in front of him, where he saw the usual spot where jordan and him used to skate together.

despite of how many problems jordan caused and made him miserable, deep down, he wished jordan was still his friend. because apart from troy, jordan was the second person that he was really close to. and he also wished he didn't care about how jordan doing, or even where jordan was these past days, but then he would be lying. and he felt dumb for still considering jordan as his friend, but he knew he can't really do anything about it.

vinnie let out a heavy sigh when he thought back to earlier morning, when kio and him had a little fight, again.

"why do you never know your worth?" kio asked, practically groaning when vinnie told him where he was going.

"kio, please.. i really don't wanna have this talk right now. not when you're blinded by all the "it's all emily's fault" bullshit." vinnie rolled his eyes, as he put on his shoes while sitting on the chair outside their house.

"is it not?" kio asked, folding his arms closed to his chest.

"no!" vinnie said, trying to not raise his voice as he sat up, walking toward troy's car because he let him borrowed it for the day.

"fine! if you get hurt one more time, i swear, it's on you this time." kio gave up, giving vinnie one last look before walking back inside, leaving vinnie standing in front of the car alone.

vinnie knew that kio cared, and he really appreciated him for that, but it just irritated him how kio always repeatedly said it was emily's fault that he became like this. but he guess him being like this brought a good thing finally, when it brought him to here, waiting for her under the tree patiently.

he probably really should get something for troy when he was driving back home, because without him, vinnie probably would still be in his room without any lights on except for the LED lights that always switched to a soft blue light.

when troy told him that emily agreed on meeting up with him a day ago, he could've sworn he jumped in happiness in his room. and after weeks, he finally could sleep without having a nightmare of robbie.

that's how much affect emily has on him.

but after at least 30 minutes of waiting for emily to come under the tree where they used to hang out at together before they even were together, emily was nowhere near his vision.

"you should've known better.." vinnie whispered to himself, with a weak smile planted on his face. what did he expect? for emily to forget everything that he did to her, and happily come and meet him?what an idiot.. vinnie continued to himself as he stood up, patting the back of his pant so there wouldn't be any grass or dirt that would stayed on his covered butt.

but right as he was about to take a step away from under the big tree, he spotted emily, standing not a few feet away from him with a half drink iced coffee in her right hand and a full drink of his favourite drink in her left, looking right at him with a small smile planted on her pretty face.

——

an hour and a half ago..

        "what are you thinking!? what if he baited me.? surely he wouldn't, right? i mean, troy wouldn't lie to me right even if he was mad at me.? i really should've think about this sooner, not procrastinate about this." emily blabbering to herself as she paced back and forth in front of her bed, where there were couples of outfits choices on top of it.

        "what am i even doing? this isn't even a date!" emily groaned, as she palmed herself in the face couple of times before she picked up the random oversized green tee and a grey sweatpants, matching it with a lime beanie and white air force's 1.

it was exactly 2:45 pm when she realised she really took a long time just to picked up an outfits and rethinking her choices. but it was too late now to go back when she realised, she was doing this for the better, for both her and vinnie.

when she read the text messages from troy, it was 2 am and she just woken up from the nap she took from the evening that day. and she might've let out a high pitched scream, but no one need to know that.

she surprised herself when she quickly agreed on meeting up with vinnie, probably because she felt bad and feeling the need to help him with whatever he was going through right now, and it also probably because she craved the calm feeling she would get if vinnie and her problems were solved.

so driving to the skate park, the whole time her mind was just filled with the scenarios that she created about what could happened when she met vinnie again in the span of the short time. just to stall some times, she even pulled up to the starbucks drive-thru and got a drink for herself, ( also for vinnie, because she would feel bad if she would be the only one that was drinking .)

        by the time she pulled out of the heaven on earth's drive-thru, it was already 3:15 pm, so she quickly drove to the skatepark, where she hoped vinnie would be at.

——

back to the present..

        "hi.." a slow greeting came out from emily's mouth, that was still formed in a small smile, and vinnie knew right away, that today would gone well.

        "hello..." vinnie greeted back, a smile made its way back to his mouth, when he realised emily was really standing right in front of him right now, and this time, it wasn't a dream.

        "i'm sorry for being late, so i got you this.." emily said, passing the drink in her left hand to vinnie. they were both still standing facing each other as vinnie thanked her.

————————————————

a/n

i'm excited for the next chapter

btw i rlly don't know if i'm high rn or just sleep deprived but i really can't continue this chapter today but i just wanna post this today. also, i'm sorry if there's any mistakes, thanks to autocorrect, there is probably a little to no typos ( hopefully )

alright, imma rlly go get some rest now.

thank you for 30k reads by the way! i appreciate it soo much, you loads are ducking amazing <3

i hope everyone is doing great, and having an absolute amazing day bcs that's what y'all deserves!!

i love youuu even when i'm high or sleep deprived idk (: