12

flashback

       "i like your nails painted.. they are pretty" emily said, one day when they were both at her apartment, holding vinnie's right hand on her left's as their other hands were holding each other by the waists.

       it was midnight, roughly 1 a.m when they were both wide awake, laying under the blanket on top of the bed. emily laying on his shirtless chess so she felt a vibration on her right cheek when vinnie let out a deep chuckle.

       "really?" vinnie asked, placing his chin on top of emily's head after he gave it a little peck, receiving a small nod from emily.

       "because i like them more naked, basically." vinnie continued, mentally palming himself on the face at his statement.

       emily let out a giggle as she shook her head slightly. "of course you do." she said, still giggling.

       "well, i like you naked too if that will make you feel any better." vinnie bluntly said before he could even realise, quickly closing his mouth as emily laughed out loud, breaking the silence of the night.

       "i- i'm sorry." vinnie said, stifling a laugh at the end as emily just shook her head, "it's fine.." she said, moving up a little as she planted a soft kiss right at vinnie's temple.

  ——

       it has been solid 25 minutes after troy and everyone left him to go to the release party of emily's song that night, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

       he realised it wasn't a great idea when memories of emily and him keep coming back to his mind, no matter how hard he tried to distract himself.

       letting out a really deep groan, he reached out to the night stand by his bed where he was laying for his phone and turned on the device, going straight to the messages icon.

vinnie
are u busy?
would u like to go somewhere with me?

devyn
hi! no i'm not!
where to?

vinnie
i'll pick u up in 10.

       without replying to devyn's question, he stood up from his bed and made his way to the bathroom, going to get ready.

       it was about time for him to fully move on. if emily can do it, then why can't he?

       he thought back to the tweet from emily, that was literally posted 2 minutes after his own. the picture of jordan and her keep replaying in his mind, reminding him how much better emily was with jordan, despite of their past.

       without fully thinking, he put his phone on his black skinny jeans pocket and head out from his bedroom and the house, not forgetting to lock it.

       as he closed the door to his car, and turned the ignition on, he pulled out his phone to typed a message to troy.

vinnie
i'm coming.

——

       "where are we going?" devyn asked right when vinnie picked him up.

       without answering or even looking at her, he continued his drive to where troy told him the event will be held at, confusing devyn.

       "vin-" she was cut off by vinnie's words.

       "emily's song release party." vinnie said, making her even more confused because as far as she knew, the song she will be releasing that night was about him and her ex-boyfriend.

       "why?" she shortly asked.

       vinnie let out a sigh before answering, "because no one will expect me to show up, especially not with you."

       devyn slowly smiled before she looked out the window trying to hide it from vinnie.

        vinnie was up in his head to even notices devyn basically squirming beside him. he mentally patted himself on the back because he knew that showing up to the party with devyn would really surprised everyone there.

        and he hoped he could get a reaction out of emily. he hoped emily would feel how he felt when he found out that she was hooking up with jordan.

        if this was how it was going to be, then two can play the game.
        ——

a/n

AGH I WANNA POST DOUBLE CHAPTER TODAY BUT IDK!!

ALSO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR 6K READS, BABIES <33

i love and appreciate all of you so much!