Breaking my heart

**Female Readers**

____

You watched from across the room as Brandon took a beautiful girl in his arms and kissed her gently; one arm around her back, the other holding onto his beer. Inside your chest, you felt your heartbreaking; it was painful. Brandon may have been one of your best friends, but you were madly in love with him. "Hey," Your friend said, standing next to you. "Are you okay?" She asked, noticing that something wasn't quite right.

"No," You replied, wiping away the tears that were falling onto your cheeks. "I can't do this, I can't stay here." You placed your drink onto the table and ran out into the garden, being followed by your friend. "Hey, (Y/n). What's going on?" She asked as she sat next to you on the cold patio steps. You hadn't grabbed your jacket on the way out, so you had instead opted for wrapping your arms around your body to keep yourself warm. You looked at your friend. "What the matter with me?" You asked, desperately.

"Nothing's wrong with you, (Y/n)," She replied, pulling you into her arms. "Why would you even say that?"

"Because I'm never the one that he notices." You said, sobbing into her shoulder. "I know I probably sound like an idiot, but right now he is in there with someone who will never care about him as I can."

"I know," Your friend said, quietly.

"I know he's not mine to lose, but losing him is breaking my heart."