12 - Martyr - 12

MARIE WAS sitting with Misty Day in the backyard of the mansion under the afternoon's sun, she was holding a bird in her hands as Misty instructed her on how to resurrect it.

Meanwhile Madison and Myrtle were watching a few feet away. Myrtle was dressed in a long black dress and she was wearing a large pair of black sunglasses as she protected her face from the sun with a matching umbrella.

Marie was growing frustrated, it had been a month and she still was unable to resurrect even a small animal.

"Don't focus too hard with your mind, Marie." Misty said as she placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulders. "Use your feelings, you have to want for the bird to live with your whole being."

Marie's frustration softened as she looked at the tiny corpse nestled in her hands. The poor little guy was so young, he had died falling from his nest.
She wanted to see him take off and explore, discover the feeling of the wind in his wings.

Her hands tingled as her powers seeped through her pores. Everyone held their breath as the bird's corpse suddenly twitched.

"Yes." Misty breathed, her eyes sparkling in excitement. "Keep going."

Marie gasped as the bird woke up and, for the first time since she had arrived at the coven, her lips stretched in a genuine excited grin.

"I did it." She said, her wide brown eyes settling on Misty.

Misty smiled warmly. "Good job."

Madison and Myrtle watched Marie, dressed in a long pale pink dress, her raven black hair spilling down her back with a matching sunhat -a gift from Myrtle- adorning her head.

She threw her hands up, and the bird clumsily took off, not used to his wings. Marie and Misty yelled words of encouragement to the bird, and when he finally flew away they cheered loudly.

Madison scoffed as she rolled her eyes behind her expensive pair of sunglasses. "Does this bitch think she's a disney princess?"

Marie heard the jab, and her head snapped towards them as she frowned.

"What is your problem with her, Madison?" Myrtle asked, amused.

"She spends her days moping and she's weak." Madison hissed. "She annoys the fuck out of me."

"Her mother died," Myrtle sighed. "Give the girl a break."

"Why are you always taking her defense, Myrtle?" Madison said with a bored tone. "You're constantly fussing over her like a mother hen. Cordelia is too busy so you play mom with the orphan girl?"

"She needs someone to mentor her, and I'll gladly fill up the position for a kind and talented girl like her." The redhead woman said.

Madison scoffed, and she then yelled. "Hey! Cinderella! You forgot your telekinesis class or what?! I'm not waiting forever!"

Marie got on her feet and walked over to where they were standing. "What did you call me?" She asked with her head tilted, genuinely confused.

"Nothing." The blonde snapped. "Let's go."

Madison spun on her heels, but she was stopped by Marie's voice. "Did I do something wrong?"

Madison looked back, and she was about to open her mouth when Marie spoke again. "You're so-so... You're so mean!"

Three pairs of brows shot up in disbelief at Marie's outburst. She was usually very patient and level headed, but now she seemed to have enough of Madison's behavior.
Meanwhile, Madison looked utterly unimpressed.